Eylea and Blindness transient - from FDA reports
Blindness transient is found among people who take Eylea, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Crestor, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This review analyzes which people have Blindness transient with Eylea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,671 people who have side effects when taking Eylea from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 24, 2017
6,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Eylea.
Among them, 176 people (2.64%) have Blindness transient
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Eylea when people have Blindness transient *:
- < 1 month: 72.86 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.86 %
- 1 - 2 years: 7.14 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.29 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blindness transient when taking Eylea *:
- female: 57.78 %
- male: 42.22 %
Age of people who have Blindness transient when taking Eylea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 2.78 %
- 50-59: 4.17 %
- 60+: 93.06 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (69 people, 39.20%)
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (12 people, 6.82%)
- Retinal Vessel Occlusion (6 people, 3.41%)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (6 people, 3.41%)
- Macular Oedema (5 people, 2.84%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Metformin (6 people, 3.41%)
- Crestor (6 people, 3.41%)
- Insulin (5 people, 2.84%)
- Novolog (4 people, 2.27%)
- Fish Oil (4 people, 2.27%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Endophthalmitis (35 people, 19.89%)
- Vision Blurred (27 people, 15.34%)
- Visual Acuity Reduced (25 people, 14.20%)
- Eye Pain (23 people, 13.07%)
- Retinal Detachment Repair (17 people, 9.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blindness transient when taking Eylea?
Eylea has active ingredients of aflibercept. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Eylea 5,438 users)
Blindness transient (sudden loss of vision) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, erection problems, pain (latest reports from 4,705 Blindness transient patients).