Eylea and Visual impairment - from FDA reports
Visual impairment is found among people who take Eylea, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lucentis, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This review analyzes which people have Visual impairment with Eylea. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 6,671 people who have side effects when taking Eylea from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 24, 2017
6,671 people reported to have side effects when taking Eylea.
Among them, 347 people (5.2%) have Visual impairment
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Eylea when people have Visual impairment *:
- < 1 month: 70.59 %
- 1 - 6 months: 13.73 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.92 %
- 1 - 2 years: 6.86 %
- 2 - 5 years: 4.9 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Visual impairment when taking Eylea *:
- female: 62.62 %
- male: 37.38 %
Age of people who have Visual impairment when taking Eylea *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 1.32 %
- 50-59: 3.95 %
- 60+: 94.74 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration (85 people, 24.50%)
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (39 people, 11.24%)
- Retinal Vessel Occlusion (17 people, 4.90%)
- Diabetic Retinopathy (4 people, 1.15%)
- Choroidal Neovascularisation (4 people, 1.15%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lucentis (20 people, 5.76%)
- Avastin (14 people, 4.03%)
- Betadine (8 people, 2.31%)
- Metformin (6 people, 1.73%)
- Amlodipine (5 people, 1.44%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Vision Blurred (57 people, 16.43%)
- Eye Pain (49 people, 14.12%)
- Visual Acuity Reduced (44 people, 12.68%)
- Eye Haemorrhage (35 people, 10.09%)
- Drug Ineffective (31 people, 8.93%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Visual impairment when taking Eylea?
Eylea has active ingredients of aflibercept. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Eylea 5,438 users)
Visual impairment has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes (latest reports from 44,112 Visual impairment patients).