Home > Famciclovir > Confusion > Famciclovir and Confusion
Review: could Famciclovir cause Confusion?
Summary: Confusion is found among people who take Famciclovir, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Nexium, and have Herpes zoster.
We study 676 people who have side effects while taking Famciclovir from FDA and social media. Among them, 10 have Confusion. Find out below who they are, when they have Confusion and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Famciclovir and have Confusion >>>
Famciclovir (latest outcomes from 734 users) has active ingredients of famciclovir. It is often used in herpes zoster.
Confusion (latest reports from 193,864 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 676 people reported to have side effects when taking Famciclovir. Among them, 10 people (1.48%) have Confusion.
Time on Famciclovir when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Famciclovir * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Famciclovir * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Famciclovir ** :
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Herpes zoster (3 people, 30.00%)
- Multiple myeloma (1 people, 10.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (3 people, 30.00%)
- Lisinopril (3 people, 30.00%)
- Lasix (3 people, 30.00%)
- Sustiva (2 people, 20.00%)
- Candesartan cilexetil (2 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Confusion while taking Famciclovir?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Famciclovir and have Confusion
- support group for people who take Famciclovir
- support group for people who have Confusion
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long term use of vicodin cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 88 year old woman who has Shortness Of Breath, Confusion, Sleepy, and takes Vicodin)
My 87 yr Mom has taken copious amts of Vicodin for 25+ yrs for arthritis & surgery pain management. Recently, Mom said the "carpet bubbles up 3-4 ft & trips her". Are hallucinations like this a sign of serious drug abuse? Is Mom's life in danger of drug overdose?
- What are the symptoms of withdraw from depo estrace injections
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Chest Wall Pain, Confusion, and takes Depo-estradiol)
I want to know what kind of withdraw effects to expect with this drug. Been on it awhile and think I need to get off.
- Can you become addicted to metolazone?
(Asked by a 84 year old man who has Confusion, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Furosemide, Cortisone Acetate, Potassium, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate)
He has been on the metolazone for some time and become low on sodium, potassium, and iron. They took him off of it cold turkey. Could there be side effects or possibly systems of some kind of detox?
- Can add be caused by transplant meds
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Confusion, Tremmors, Muscle Twitching, Atypical Attention Deficit Syndrome, and takes Prograf, Myfortic, Prednisone)
I am a kid prey transplant recipient. I recently noticed attention issues. I have tremors and muscle twitches ans extreme anxiety. .
- Can coumadin cause more blood clotting?
(Asked by a 24 year old woman who has Confusion, Headaches, Pain In Limbs, Fatigue, Shortness Of Breath, Muscle Tightness, and takes Coumadin)
I had a PE about 2 weeks ago. I was on Lovenox shots twice a day. I have been on 5mg coumadin to 7mg to now 10mg a night. My INR levels are still below 2.0. I have been on the 10mg for a week now. I am being extremely concerned with my confusion. I cant even remember whether the light was red or gre ...
More questions for: Famciclovir, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Libido decreased with famvir
(Posted by a 57 year old woman who has Herpès, and takes Famciclovir)
I had been under treatment for Herpès II for two years when I realized my libido had gone. After the end of the treatment (which I decided on my own since the results were not "really" at the level I would have expected them to be) I recovered all of my sexual drive, the one which I consider norm ...
- Xanax bed wetting will it stop and do i wear diapers or die
(Posted by a 48 year old man who has Bedwetting, Confusion, Bone And Joint Pain, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Depression Suicidal, Backaches And Stress, and takes Xanax, Acetaminophen, Wellbutrin, Methadone Hydrochloride, Norco)
I am on the very edge of crazy. So starting this is pushing ne way over. I'm 49 for crap sakes. I am so tired of the pain in my body and I am just tired, this is the last slap I can't anymore. Naturally alcohol I am sure is just about the end game along with cuts.
Just want to bleed out and not hur ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
(Posted by a 16 year old girl who has Asthma, Migraines, Dizziness, Tightness In Chest, Difficulty Breathing, Confusion, Unable To Speak Or Swallow, Swollen Neck, Abdominal Pain, Unable To Walk, Neck Pain, Shaking Uncontrollably, Loss Of Feeling In Right Side, and takes Sumatriptan)
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
- 57 year old male diagnosed with stage 2 hypertension
(Posted by a 57 year old man who has Hopelessness, Anxiety, Confusion, Extreme Fatigue, and takes Lisinopril)
Started on 20mg once a day, I was working long hours so I'm not sure when the fatigue first started. At physical doctor thought the dosage should be doubled. In a few days the fatigue started to become overwhelming. I was having a hard time staying awake, not because I was drowsy but felt that we ...
More reviews for: Famciclovir, Confusion
- A study of drug interactions between Concerta, Loestrin Fe 1/20, Lamictal, Prozac for a patient with ADHD, Birth Control, Mood Disorder, Depression. The patient has Mood Swings, Headache, Confusion Aggravated, Absence Seizure, Fainting
Comments: Lamictal was doubled and during menses, the episodes started
- A study of drug interactions between Eplerenone, Digoxin, Magnesium, Potassium Chloride 20meq In Dextrose 5% And Sodium Chloride 0.45% In Plastic Container, Minoxidil, Clonidine, Hydrochlorothiazide, Jantoven, Lovastatin for a patient with High Arch, Atrial Fibrillation, Low Blood Magnesium, Low Blood Potassium, Hypertension, Fluid Retention, Cholesterosis. The patient has Asthenia, Numbness And Tingling, Disorientation, Muscle Weakness Aggravated, Shortness Of Breath, Fatigue
Comments: This has been a problem for well over a year now! it does not seem to be getting any better.
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Fluoxetine, Flexeril, Omeprazole, Benadryl, Hyzaar for a patient with Depression, ?, Spasmodic Torticollis, Sleep Disorder, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Forgetfulness, Confusion
Comments: I have dizzinws, forgetfulness and memory loss
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Glipizide, Januvia, Metformin, Gabapentin, Ibuprofen, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Fenofibrate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Lantus Solostar, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Depression, High Blood Sugar, Nerve Pain, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Muscle Aches, Thinking - Unclear, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Back Disorder, Pain Threshold Decreased, Cubital Tunnel Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Depression
Comments: very tired most of day , daily functions being limited , type 2 diabetic ,hashimoto's , degenerative disc problem in back..
- A study of side effects of Indomethacin for a patient with Gouty Arthritis. The patient has Confusion
Comments: my husband's entire way of thinking and acting changed when he started to take this medication. Trying to find if other have had similar problems
More related studies for: Famciclovir, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hallucinations, Mixed and Rsd
- Azathioprine and Seborrhoeic Keratosis
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Polymorphous Light Eruption
- Restless Leg Syndrome and Raynaud's Phenomenon
- Glutathione and Hydrops
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (2 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (8 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (18 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (24 hours ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (24 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)