Review: could Famvir cause Back pain?
Summary: Back pain is found among people who take Famvir, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Stress and anxiety.
We study 1,974 people who have side effects while taking Famvir from FDA and social media. Among them, 164 have Back pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Back pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Famvir and have Back pain >>>
Famvir has active ingredients of famciclovir. It is often used in herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex). (latest outcomes from 2,027 Famvir users)
Back pain has been reported by people with osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 107,113 Back pain patients)
On Apr, 21, 2015: 1,974 people reported to have side effects when taking Famvir. Among them, 164 people (8.31%) have Back Pain.
Time on Famvir when people have Back pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Back pain||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Back pain when taking Famvir * :
|Back pain||52.63%||47.37% |
Age of people who have Back pain when taking Famvir * :
|Back pain||0.00%||0.00%||1.40%||0.00%||0.70%||18.18%||30.07%||49.65% |
Severity of Back pain when taking Famvir ** :
How people recovered from Back pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (35 people, 21.34%)
- Metastases to bone (25 people, 15.24%)
- Multiple myeloma (24 people, 14.63%)
- Insomnia (23 people, 14.02%)
- Breast cancer (20 people, 12.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (111 people, 67.68%)
- Aredia (105 people, 64.02%)
- Levaquin (78 people, 47.56%)
- Neurontin (75 people, 45.73%)
- Dexamethasone (71 people, 43.29%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Famvir and back pain on
Do you have Back Pain while taking Famvir?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Famvir and have Back Pain
- support group for people who take Famvir
- support group for people who have Back Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Xgeva, Faslodex for a 63-year old woman with Metastases To Bone, Breast Cancer Metastatic. The patient has Fatigue, Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain, Breathlessness
- A study of side effects of Belviq for a 50-year old woman with Obesity. The patient has Foot Pain, Back Pain, Sore Throat, Fatigue, Rash Erythematous
- A study of drug interactions between Sertraline, Abilify for a 51-year old woman with Major Depressive Disorder. The patient has Temperature Intolerance, Tremor, Anxiety, Headache, Back Pain - Nonspecific, Cervical Dystonia
- A study of side effects of Cipro for a 15-year old girl with Sinusitis Chronic. The patient has Discomfort, Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a 87-year old man with Pain. The patient has Back Pain
Recent Famvir related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.