Femara and Blood glucose increased - from FDA reports
Blood glucose increased is found among people who take Femara, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Blood glucose increased with Femara. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,123 people who have side effects when taking Femara from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Aug, 25, 2017
11,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Femara.
Among them, 199 people (1.79%) have Blood glucose increased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Femara when people have Blood glucose increased *:
- < 1 month: 4 %
- 1 - 6 months: 48 %
- 6 - 12 months: 24 %
- 1 - 2 years: 4 %
- 2 - 5 years: 12 %
- 5 - 10 years: 8 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Femara *:
- female: 98.44 %
- male: 1.56 %
Age of people who have Blood glucose increased when taking Femara *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.62 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.62 %
- 40-49: 11.8 %
- 50-59: 27.95 %
- 60+: 59.01 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (43 people, 21.61%)
- Depression (28 people, 14.07%)
- Pain (21 people, 10.55%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (19 people, 9.55%)
- Muscle Spasms (16 people, 8.04%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (103 people, 51.76%)
- Aredia (83 people, 41.71%)
- Lasix (51 people, 25.63%)
- Taxotere (43 people, 21.61%)
- Xeloda (42 people, 21.11%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (102 people, 51.26%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (98 people, 49.25%)
- Stress And Anxiety (96 people, 48.24%)
- Fatigue (74 people, 37.19%)
- Breathing Difficulty (69 people, 34.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Blood glucose increased when taking Femara?
- Check symptoms - is blood glucose increased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlood glucose increased and drugs with ingredients of letrozole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlood glucose increased and Femara from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Femara has active ingredients of letrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Femara 11,597 users)
Blood glucose increased
Blood glucose increased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, diabetes, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 116,753 Blood glucose increased patients).
Browse all side effects of Femaraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood glucose increasedBlood glucose increased
Could your condition cause Blood glucose increasedBlood glucose increased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
While taking Femara for breast cancer, I had considerable joint pain, the worst of which was in my knees. I could hardly walk, I used a wheel chair. I ended up having bi-lateral knee replacement because I was bone to bone and most of the knobs were worn down. I was bow legged and grew three ...
User reviews to the study
Hey everyone! My dog has COPD and I started her on Flovent 110mcg 1 puff twice a day with a steroid taper. Within 2 to 3 weeks of use, she showed signs of diabetes (polyuria, polydipsia, and weight loss). We have recently started her on insulin, but I do believe that a huge part of her ...
I get a colonoscopy every two years. I have ulcerative colitis My last colonoscopy in Dec. 2016 I had a lot of inflammation The doctor is treatin g me now with Prednisone and Lialdo I am having another colonoscopy in March, 2017. No cancer in my biopsies. If this is not getting better I may ...