Femara and Lose weight - from FDA reports
Lose weight is found among people who take Femara, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Metastases to bone. This review analyzes which people have Lose weight with Femara. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,123 people who have side effects when taking Femara from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 12, 2017
11,123 people reported to have side effects when taking Femara.
Among them, 118 people (1.06%) have Lose weight
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Femara when people have Lose weight *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 14.29 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 85.71 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Lose weight when taking Femara *:
- female: 94.02 %
- male: 5.98 %
Age of people who have Lose weight when taking Femara *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 1.03 %
- 30-39: 1.03 %
- 40-49: 26.8 %
- 50-59: 27.84 %
- 60+: 43.3 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Metastases To Bone (41 people, 34.75%)
- Depression (32 people, 27.12%)
- Breast Cancer Metastatic (32 people, 27.12%)
- Pain (31 people, 26.27%)
- Metastasis (24 people, 20.34%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (106 people, 89.83%)
- Aredia (82 people, 69.49%)
- Xanax (54 people, 45.76%)
- Levaquin (51 people, 43.22%)
- Lasix (44 people, 37.29%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (103 people, 87.29%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (96 people, 81.36%)
- Pain (92 people, 77.97%)
- Bone Disorder (86 people, 72.88%)
- Metastases To Bone (80 people, 67.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Lose weight when taking Femara?
- Check symptoms - is lose weight caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsLose weight and drugs with ingredients of letrozole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeLose weight and Femara from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Femara has active ingredients of letrozole. It is often used in breast cancer. (latest outcomes from Femara 11,597 users)
Lose weight has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure (latest reports from 30,777 Lose weight patients).
Browse all side effects of Femaraa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Lose weightLose weight
Could your condition cause Lose weightLose weight
What would happen?
Questions to the study
i forgot to add to my post that I believe my weight loss of 20 lbs over the last 5 years is from the temazepam. Any suggestions or comments, I am very thin, and cannot gain weight, especially the weight i lost.
User reviews to the study
hi I have been on Temazepan for the last 5 years, 25 milligrams. I am thinking of going off it. I have tried twice without success. Any suggestons, or better substitutes. I am an active 82 year old female
I have been on temazepan for about 5 years, without any side effects. However, just lately, I discovered that weight loss is a side effect. I have lost about 20 lbs in the last 5 years, and took every test to find out why. I now believe it is from the temazepan, and i dont want to go off
Hello Everyone, my name is Robbi Vee and I live in the Washington, DC area. I am prior military, now am a military spouse. I am also a thyroid cancer survivor of 10 years-WHOOHOO! However, I am still dealing will the ongoing challenges and frustrations of weight management! I am truly hoping I ...