Review: could Fenofibrate cause Weight gain (Weight increased)?
Summary: Weight gain is found among people who take Fenofibrate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Simvastatin, and have High blood cholesterol.
We study 8,849 people who have side effects while taking Fenofibrate from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Weight gain. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight gain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fenofibrate and have Weight gain >>>
Fenofibrate has active ingredients of fenofibrate. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 9,146 Fenofibrate users)
Weight gain has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, bipolar disorder, pain, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 76,623 Weight gain patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 8,849 people reported to have side effects when taking Fenofibrate. Among them, 178 people (2.01%) have Weight Gain.
Time on Fenofibrate when people have Weight gain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight gain||0.00%||36.36%||9.09%||18.18%||27.27%||0.00%||9.09% |
Gender of people who have Weight gain when taking Fenofibrate * :
|Weight gain||49.45%||50.55% |
Age of people who have Weight gain when taking Fenofibrate * :
|Weight gain||0.00%||0.00%||0.65%||1.95%||20.13%||12.34%||33.77%||31.17% |
Severity of Weight gain when taking Fenofibrate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight gain||0.00%||57.14%||28.57%||14.29% |
How people recovered from Weight gain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Weight gain||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Blood cholesterol increased (24 people, 13.48%)
- Sleep apnoea syndrome (22 people, 12.36%)
- Pain (19 people, 10.67%)
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 10.11%)
- Bone density decreased (15 people, 8.43%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Simvastatin (45 people, 25.28%)
- Ativan (44 people, 24.72%)
- Gabapentin (43 people, 24.16%)
- Zometa (41 people, 23.03%)
- Aspirin (36 people, 20.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fenofibrate and weight gain on
Do you have Weight Gain while taking Fenofibrate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fenofibrate and have Weight Gain
- support group for people who take Fenofibrate
- support group for people who have Weight Gain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 30-year old woman with Nerve Injury. The patient has Lower Sex Driver, Weight Gain, Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat)
- A study of drug interactions between Metoprolol Succinate, Methotrexate Sodium Preservative Free, Plavix, Plaquenil, Humira, Folic Acid, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 59-year old woman with Coronary Artery Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Weight Gain
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Alesse, Garcinia Cambogia for a 34-year old woman with Premenstrual Syndrome, Weight Loss. The patient has Fluid Retention, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine Besylate, Fenofibrate for a 54-year old man with Blood Pressure, Blood Triglycerides. The patient has Creatine Urine, Low Egfr
Recent Fenofibrate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Lovaza, Fenofibrate for a 48-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides
- Comparions of Lipitor, Tricor for a 52-year old man who has Deficiency - Niacin
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Aspirin, Cialis, Tamsulosin, Zetia, Tricor for a 56-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
- Comparions of Simvastatin, Fenofibrate for a 69-year old man who has High Blood Cholesterol
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.