Review: could Fentanyl cause Body overheating (Fever)?
Summary: Body overheating is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,070 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 603 have Body overheating. Find out below who they are, when they have Body overheating and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Body overheating >>>
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 14,401 Fentanyl users)
Body overheating has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 168,837 Body overheating patients)
On Mar, 17, 2015: 14,068 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 603 people (4.29%) have Body Overheating.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Body overheating * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Body overheating||64.44%||35.56%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Body overheating when taking Fentanyl * :
|Body overheating||47.39%||52.61% |
Age of people who have Body overheating when taking Fentanyl * :
|Body overheating||2.58%||4.04%||3.07%||4.36%||9.85%||15.67%||22.78%||37.64% |
Severity of Body overheating when taking Fentanyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Body overheating||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
How people recovered from Body overheating ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (81 people, 13.43%)
- Cancer pain (44 people, 7.30%)
- Multiple myeloma (42 people, 6.97%)
- Depression (35 people, 5.80%)
- Hypertension (33 people, 5.47%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (285 people, 47.26%)
- Acetaminophen (80 people, 13.27%)
- Propofol (74 people, 12.27%)
- Furosemide (72 people, 11.94%)
- Vancomycin (71 people, 11.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Body Overheating while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Body Overheating
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin, Clonazepam, Alesse, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 26-year old woman with Pericoronitis, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Major Depression. The patient has Swollen Lymph Nodes, Fever, Swallowing Difficulty, Pericoronitis, Swelling Face
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Cephalexin for a 2-year old girl with Allergies. The patient has Fever
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin for a 40-year old man with Sinus Infection. The patient has Tiredness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea Infectious (bacteria, viruses, and other germs can cause diarrhoea), Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit), Fever
Recent Fentanyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Tramadol, Fentanyl, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Sublimaze Preservative Free, Versed, Nesacaine, Marcaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Kenalog-40 for a 36-year old woman who has Nerve Block
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Strattera, Fentanyl for a 56-year old woman who has Abdominal Discomfort
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.