Review: could Fentanyl cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,070 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 198 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 14,401 Fentanyl users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,887 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 14,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 198 people (1.41%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||26.09%||30.43%||8.70%||34.78%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Fentanyl * :
|Bone and joint pain||61.73%||38.27% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Fentanyl * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.90%||3.17%||0.45%||11.76%||28.05%||31.67%||23.98% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Fentanyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (46 people, 23.23%)
- Back pain (33 people, 16.67%)
- Anxiety (32 people, 16.16%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (28 people, 14.14%)
- Carcinoid tumour (20 people, 10.10%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (158 people, 79.80%)
- Ambien (53 people, 26.77%)
- Duragesic-100 (41 people, 20.71%)
- Zometa (40 people, 20.20%)
- Xanax (31 people, 15.66%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Zorvolex, Simvastatin, Hydroxychloroquine Sulfate, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 61-year old woman with Pain - Bones, High Blood Cholesterol, Autoimmune Disorder, Tachycardia. The patient has Muscle Pain, Musculoskeletal Discomfort, Joint Pain, Joint Stiffness, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Gleevec for a 54-year old woman with CML. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Neurontin, Keppra Xr for a 33-year old woman with Pain, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Short-term Memory Loss, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Visual Impairment, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Brisdelle for a 39-year old woman with Hot Flashes. The patient has Joint Swelling, Joint Pain
- A study of side effects of Oxycodone for a 59-year old man with Pain. The patient has Joint Pain
Recent Fentanyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Tramadol, Fentanyl, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Sublimaze Preservative Free, Versed, Nesacaine, Marcaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Kenalog-40 for a 36-year old woman who has Nerve Block
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Strattera, Fentanyl for a 56-year old woman who has Abdominal Discomfort
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.