Review: could Fentanyl cause Decreased appetite (Appetite - decreased)?
Summary: Decreased appetite is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,072 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 137 have Decreased appetite. Find out below who they are, when they have Decreased appetite and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Decreased appetite >>>
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 14,402 Fentanyl users)
Decreased appetite (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, depression, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 52,340 Decreased appetite patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 14,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 137 people (0.97%) have Decreased Appetite.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Decreased appetite * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Decreased appetite||60.00%||16.67%||6.67%||13.33%||3.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Decreased appetite when taking Fentanyl * :
|Decreased appetite||48.08%||51.92% |
Age of people who have Decreased appetite when taking Fentanyl * :
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||1.49%||6.47%||3.48%||6.97%||21.39%||18.41%||41.79% |
Severity of Decreased appetite when taking Fentanyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Decreased appetite||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Decreased appetite ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (66 people, 48.18%)
- Back pain (49 people, 35.77%)
- Breakthrough pain (37 people, 27.01%)
- Anxiety (27 people, 19.71%)
- Dyspepsia (24 people, 17.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (137 people, 100.00%)
- Duragesic-100 (45 people, 32.85%)
- Dilaudid (36 people, 26.28%)
- Nexium (34 people, 24.82%)
- Protonix (30 people, 21.90%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fentanyl and decreased appetite on
Do you have Decreased Appetite while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Decreased Appetite
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
- support group for people who have Decreased Appetite
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Trazodone Hydrochloride, Atenolol, Mirtazapine, Phenytoin, Pantoprazole for a 37-year old man with Insomnia Related To Another Mental Condition, High Blood Pressure, Depression, Epilepsy, Vomiting Blood. The patient has Decreased Appetite, Vomiting, Seizures, Traumatic Brain Injury, Anxiety, Depression, Alcohol Abuse
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Neurontin, Keppra Xr for a 33-year old woman with Pain, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Short-term Memory Loss, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Visual Impairment, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine With Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Soma for a 67-year old woman with Fibromyalgia. The patient has Fatigue - Chronic, Appetite Decreased
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Lithium Carbonate for a 32-year old woman with Depression, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Weakness, Abdominal Pain Aggravated, Dizziness Aggravated, Nausea, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax, Clonazepam, Nuvaring, Zoloft for a 28-year old woman with Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Ptsd, Birth Control, Depression. The patient has Libido Decreased, Appetite - Decreased, Proteinuria, Micturition Frequency Decreased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Recent Fentanyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Tramadol, Fentanyl, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Sublimaze Preservative Free, Versed, Nesacaine, Marcaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Kenalog-40 for a 36-year old woman who has Nerve Block
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Strattera, Fentanyl for a 56-year old woman who has Abdominal Discomfort
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.