Review: could Fentanyl cause Hallucinations?
Summary: Hallucinations is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,064 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 129 have Hallucinations. Find out below who they are, when they have Hallucinations and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Hallucinations >>>
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Fentanyl 14,395 users)
Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind) has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, parkinson's disease, quit smoking.(view latest reports from 24,107 patients)
On Nov, 21, 2014: 14,064 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 88 people (0.63%) have Hallucinations.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Hallucinations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Hallucinations when taking Fentanyl * :
Age of people who have Hallucinations when taking Fentanyl * :
Severity of Hallucinations when taking Fentanyl ** :
How people recovered from Hallucinations ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (43 people, 48.86%)
- Depression (30 people, 34.09%)
- Breakthrough pain (17 people, 19.32%)
- Carcinoid tumour (14 people, 15.91%)
- Cancer pain (9 people, 10.23%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (86 people, 97.73%)
- Aspirin (35 people, 39.77%)
- Lyrica (35 people, 39.77%)
- Nexium (33 people, 37.50%)
- Acetaminophen (33 people, 37.50%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hallucinations while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Hallucinations
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
- support group for people who have Hallucinations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped, Dizzy, Shaky, and takes Percocet, Fentanyl, Avelox)
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water ...
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer? (1 answer)
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has RSD, Chronic Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Excessive Sleepiness, Stabbing Scapular Pain, and takes Ketamine Hydrochloride, Acetazolamide, Fentanyl, Advil Liqui-gels, Gabapentin)
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- I was informed that sudden stoppage of the use of valium could cause death or stroke. is this correct?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Extreme Back Pain, Stress, and takes Oxycodone And Aspirin, Fentanyl)
was using valium to help with back spasms and stress. stopped taking due to prescription expired. told that stopping "cold turkey" was extremely dangerous and could cause death or stroke
- Hallucinations from taking clonidine for prolonged period of time (1 answer)
(Asked by a 80 year old woman who has Hallucinations, and takes Clonidine)
My mother has been taking chlonidine for a very long time, dosage of .1 mg 10 pills per day, more than that if blood pressure gets high. She is now in the hospital with severe hallucinations. She thinks someone is watching her and she is paranoid. It is terrible. They have weaned her off of chlo ...
More questions for: Fentanyl, Hallucinations
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Higher than a kite, and dumber than one of those saying i can no longer remember!
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Hallucination, Visual, Dissociative Identity Disorder, Disturbance In Attention, Dissociative Amnesia, Hypomania, Sexual Dysfunction, Hallucinations, Nightmares, Memory Loss, Memory Impairment, Tremor, Mydriasis, and takes Pristiq)
I told my shrink I didn't want to try anymore antidepressants... that they make me crazy-stupid(pristiq), crazy-nympho(wellbutrin), or crazy-sloth(lexapro). I have complex ptsd, did, and gad. I really don't want to take anything... I just want to work out, eat right, and try to put myself back on tr ...
(Posted by a 76 year old man who has Hallucinations, and takes Valium)
On the 20th of August 2012 I fell downstairs and broke my left arm/shoulder and ribs. I also had many open cuts from my elbow to my wrist; the whole arm and hand was severely swollen; huge purple marks on arm thigh and chest. These have all healed. However the arm/shoulder has healed out of joint an ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders. (1 response)
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Savella & synthroid hell! (3 responses)
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Hypermetanephrinemia, Insomnia, Palpitations, Hyperhidrosis, and takes Flexeril, Dilaudid, Morphine Sulfate, Fentanyl, Synthroid, Savella)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
More reviews for: Fentanyl, Hallucinations
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Xanax, Zimovane, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Graves Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Back Disorder, Suicide Attempt. The patient has Overactive Thyroid
Comments: I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Xanax, Lunesta, Cymbalta, Fiorinal, Norco, Fentanyl, Prednisone for a patient with Muscle Spasticity, Stress And Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Pain, Inflammation. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Disease
Comments: I went to a Rheumatologist and he said I have Hashimoto disease and said its not serious enough to take meds for. The test is - Thyroid Peroxidase Antiboties - my number is 363. It says that is should be
- A study of side effects of Dilaudid for a patient with Pain. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: My husband is taken Dilaudid while in the hospital & I have repeatedly told the doctor that they have given him too much. He gets restless, irritated, impatient, see things that are not there, etc. He wants to argue with me, says things that make no sense, then gets angry when I don't understand wha ...
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind)
Comments: Next day was fine normally working and smoking can't remember episode . Just remembers excessive vomiting, but normally when he has acid reflux vomiting he is very weak and tired and stomach burns for couple days later. Hallucinations after bringing him to, he got up walked to bed with help and sit ...
More related studies for: Fentanyl, Hallucinations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.