Review: could Fentanyl cause Mental status changes?
Summary: Mental status changes is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,070 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 124 have Mental status changes. Find out below who they are, when they have Mental status changes and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Mental status changes >>>
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 14,401 Fentanyl users)
Mental status changes
Mental status changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation) has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 14,041 Mental status changes patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 14,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 124 people (0.88%) have Mental Status Changes.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Mental status changes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Mental status changes||30.95%||59.52%||0.00%||2.38%||7.14%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Mental status changes when taking Fentanyl * :
|Mental status changes||63.92%||36.08% |
Age of people who have Mental status changes when taking Fentanyl * :
|Mental status changes||0.00%||0.00%||1.54%||0.00%||2.31%||7.69%||38.46%||50.00% |
Severity of Mental status changes when taking Fentanyl ** :
How people recovered from Mental status changes ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (35 people, 28.23%)
- Depression (24 people, 19.35%)
- Breakthrough pain (14 people, 11.29%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 7.26%)
- Back pain (7 people, 5.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (97 people, 78.23%)
- Aspirin (44 people, 35.48%)
- Flexeril (43 people, 34.68%)
- Lortab (42 people, 33.87%)
- Oxycontin (41 people, 33.06%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Mental Status Changes while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Mental Status Changes
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
- support group for people who have Mental Status Changes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Fentanyl for a 53-year old woman with Cidp. The patient has Daluidid
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Fentanyl, Celexa, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Eliquis for a 40-year old woman with Chronic Pain, Anxiety, Depression, Nerve Damage - Diabetic, Blood Clot In The Legs. The patient has Bedwetting
- A study of side effects of Fentanyl for a 37-year old woman with Degenerative Joint Disease. The patient has Tiredness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhea
- A study of side effects of Fentanyl Citrate Preservative Free for a 60-year old woman with Aniexty. The patient has Anxiety
Recent Fentanyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Sublimaze Preservative Free, Versed, Nesacaine, Marcaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Kenalog-40 for a 36-year old woman who has Nerve Block
- Comparions of Alprazolam, Strattera, Fentanyl for a 56-year old woman who has Abdominal Discomfort
- Comparions of Oxycontin, Fentanyl Citrate for a 67-year old man who has Pain - Bones
- Comparions of Cymbalta, Provigil, Gabapentin, Fentanyl, Morphine Sulfate for a 58-year old man who has CRPS
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.