Fentanyl and Mental status changes - from FDA reports
Mental status changes is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Mental status changes with Fentanyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,731 people who have side effects when taking Fentanyl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 29, 2017
14,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl.
Among them, 112 people (0.76%) have Mental status changes
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fentanyl when people have Mental status changes *:
- < 1 month: 57.14 %
- 1 - 6 months: 23.81 %
- 6 - 12 months: 4.76 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 9.52 %
- 5 - 10 years: 4.76 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Mental status changes when taking Fentanyl *:
- female: 63.96 %
- male: 36.04 %
Age of people who have Mental status changes when taking Fentanyl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.91 %
- 20-29: 2.91 %
- 30-39: 9.71 %
- 40-49: 14.56 %
- 50-59: 19.42 %
- 60+: 50.49 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (7 people, 6.25%)
- Multiple Myeloma (7 people, 6.25%)
- High Blood Pressure (7 people, 6.25%)
- Insomnia (6 people, 5.36%)
- Back Pain (6 people, 5.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (16 people, 14.29%)
- Vicodin (14 people, 12.50%)
- Lyrica (14 people, 12.50%)
- Cymbalta (14 people, 12.50%)
- Aspirin (14 people, 12.50%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Confusional State (25 people, 22.32%)
- Nausea (24 people, 21.43%)
- Weakness (22 people, 19.64%)
- Stress And Anxiety (22 people, 19.64%)
- Memory Loss (22 people, 19.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Mental status changes when taking Fentanyl?
- Check symptoms - is mental status changes caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMental status changes and drugs with ingredients of fentanyl.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMental status changes and Fentanyl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Fentanyl 15,361 users)
Mental status changes
Mental status changes (general changes in brain function, such as confusion, amnesia (memory loss), loss of alertness, loss of orientation) has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 20,707 Mental status changes patients).
Browse all side effects of Fentanyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Mental status changesMental status changes
Could your condition cause Mental status changesMental status changes
What would happen?
Questions to the study
So my dentist said that fentanyl does cause tooth decay and a rapid Pace I take 25 microgram patches I've never abused them and brush my teeth twice a day does anybody know if my dentist is full of it or is there any type of class action lawsuit out there that somebody filed with the same ...
User reviews to the study
Hi, I have been on Fentanyl for about 5 years, recently my doctor upped the dosage, I noticed my shortness of breath got much worse, my dr prescribed Xanax because he thought the shortness of breath was from anxiety and stress but now I see that when combined with the Fentanyl it might cause ...
I'm just starting to use the fentanyl patch and am taking zipsor. Is it OK to take zipsor while on the fentanyl patch? It's low dose fentanyl, 25mcg. The zipsor has helped with pain, but just takes the edge off. Thanks.