Review: could Fentanyl cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,072 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 277 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Renal failure >>>
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 14,401 Fentanyl users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, multiple myeloma, diabetes, pain. (latest reports from 72,154 Renal failure patients)
On Apr, 7, 2015: 14,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 277 people (1.97%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||91.67%||8.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Fentanyl * :
|Renal failure||47.92%||52.08% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Fentanyl * :
|Renal failure||3.47%||2.70%||1.54%||1.54%||5.02%||8.88%||18.53%||58.30% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Fentanyl ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (27 people, 9.75%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 9.03%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 4.69%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (11 people, 3.97%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (11 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (150 people, 54.15%)
- Lasix (60 people, 21.66%)
- Vancomycin (50 people, 18.05%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 17.33%)
- Heparin (43 people, 15.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fentanyl and renal failure on
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zopiclone for a 62-year old woman with Insomnia. The patient has Renal Failure
- A study of drug interactions between Temazepam, Geodon for a 32-year old woman with Insomnia, Psychosis. The patient has Minor Cognitive Motor Disorder, Gait Abnormal, Dystonia, Dystonia, Tardive Dyskinesia, Acute Kidney Failure, Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance, Parkinsonism, Parkinsonian Crisis
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Neurontin, Keppra Xr for a 33-year old woman with Pain, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Short-term Memory Loss, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Visual Impairment, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine With Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Daytrana, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Prozac, Lovenox, Coumadin for a 44-year old woman with Pain, Adhd, Kidney Stones, Depression, Pulmonary Embolism. The patient has Malaise, Psychosis Aggravated, Anxiety, Depression
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide for a 57-year old man with Hypertension. The patient has Renal Failure - Acute
Recent Fentanyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Morphine for a 36-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Tramadol, Fentanyl, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Sublimaze Preservative Free, Versed, Nesacaine, Marcaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Kenalog-40 for a 36-year old woman who has Nerve Block
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.