Home > Fentanyl > Renal failure > Fentanyl and Renal failure
Review: could Fentanyl cause Renal failure (Acute kidney failure)?
Summary: Renal failure is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,064 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 183 have Renal failure. Find out below who they are, when they have Renal failure and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Renal failure >>>
Fentanyl (latest outcomes from 14,394 users) has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain.
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) (latest reports from 434,588 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, coronary artery bypass, diabetes, multiple myeloma, pain.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 14,063 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 277 people (1.97%) have Renal Failure.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Renal failure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Renal failure||91.67%||8.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Fentanyl * :
|Renal failure||47.92%||52.08% |
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Fentanyl * :
|Renal failure||3.47%||2.70%||1.54%||1.54%||5.02%||8.88%||18.53%||58.30% |
Severity of Renal failure when taking Fentanyl ** :
How people recovered from Renal failure ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (27 people, 9.75%)
- Hypertension (25 people, 9.03%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 4.69%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (11 people, 3.97%)
- Hypercholesterolaemia (11 people, 3.97%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (150 people, 54.15%)
- Lasix (60 people, 21.66%)
- Vancomycin (50 people, 18.05%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 17.33%)
- Heparin (43 people, 15.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Renal Failure while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Renal Failure
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
- support group for people who have Renal Failure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Last night went to hospital as i was shaking and dizzy scared it was after my third dose of avelox. is this a side effect? i'm scared to take anything even my regular medications today was shaking
(Asked by a 31 year old woman who has Breathing - Slowed Or Stopped, Dizzy, Shaky, and takes Percocet, Fentanyl, Avelox)
Taken pain mess for years got chest infection was given avelox three days ago. Last nights dose I started shaking couldn't breathe so shaky yet I am dehydrated too. I had woke up drank coffee then took my mess regular and started shaking all over again. Drank three glasses of juice and two of water ...
- Creatinine rising on crestor & causing kidney failure
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Kidney Failure, and takes Crestor)
Husband been on Crestor for 3 years...Creatinine been increasing and he already is a diabetic and been watching his kidney function. Everything I read online points to the Crestor causing Kidney Failure but the doctors REFUSE to listen too us and now he is heading toward dialysis or a Kidney Transpl ...
- Does acetazolamide help with intra nasal ketamine controlling your pain longer?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has RSD, Chronic Lyme Disease, Fibromyalgia, Excessive Sleepiness, Stabbing Scapular Pain, and takes Ketamine Hydrochloride, Acetazolamide, Fentanyl, Advil Liqui-gels, Gabapentin)
Thinking of having Ketamine infusion to reboot my Central Nervous System. I have been taking it in liquid form & nasally for the last year. Some relief but doesn't last! If I don't have RSD can it do me more harm than good??? Thank you for helping end the pain, I hope.
- I was informed that sudden stoppage of the use of valium could cause death or stroke. is this correct?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Extreme Back Pain, Stress, and takes Oxycodone And Aspirin, Fentanyl)
was using valium to help with back spasms and stress. stopped taking due to prescription expired. told that stopping "cold turkey" was extremely dangerous and could cause death or stroke
- Did all of these medications cause kidney failure and liver failure
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Renal Failure, and takes Lortab, Celebrex, Arava, Exforge, Pioglitazone, Bystolic)
never had a liver diagnosis, took the celebrex for 1 week, and did not have blood work before subscribed, does any of these medications mixed cause problems?
admitted for fall, discharged one week later to hospice
More questions for: Fentanyl, Renal failure
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- My ex-boyfriend's effexor effects
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Incontinence - Urinary, Pedophilia, Nightmares, Acute Kidney Failure, and takes Effexor)
In my fifth year of living with my ex-boyfriend, he began taking Effexor and soon developed urinary incontinence, kidney failure and nightmares or night terrors so severe that he frequently screamed for prolonged periods, flailed and threw punches in his sleep. Upon ceasing to take Effexor, his sle ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
(Posted by a 34 year old woman who has Spondylolysis, Intervertebral Disc Degeneration, Lordosis, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Anxiety Disorder, PTSD, Panic Disorder, Fatigue - Chronic, Chronic Sinusitis, Chronic Gastritis, Insomnia, and takes Fentanyl, Gabapentin, Concerta, Cymbalta, Norco, Baclofen, Loratadine, Flonase, Omeprazole, Melatonin)
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
- Savella & synthroid hell!
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Hypermetanephrinemia, Insomnia, Palpitations, Hyperhidrosis, and takes Flexeril, Dilaudid, Morphine Sulfate, Fentanyl, Synthroid, Savella)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
More reviews for: Fentanyl, Renal failure
- A study of drug interactions between Valium, Fentanyl for a patient with Pain. The patient has Itching, Sweating Increased, Swallowing Difficulty, Stomach Pain
Comments: I have been on transdermal fentanyl for five years. I got up to 100mcg/72 hours. I tried to wean down to get off the fentanyl patches and got down to 25 mcg. but had to increase to 50 mcg. due to pain. I have many allergies and cannot take proton pump inhibitors, Benadryl, or nausea medicines. I ha ...
- A study of drug interactions between Methimazole, Xanax, Zimovane, Tramadol, Fentanyl, Lithium Carbonate for a patient with Graves Disease, Anxiety Disorder, Sleep Disorder, Back Disorder, Suicide Attempt. The patient has Overactive Thyroid
Comments: I was on lithium when first diagnosed with Graves disease-now stopped. I had a few episodes of what is understood to be serotonin syndrome. I had submandibular gland removed 3 years ago. I had bad foot infection (both feet) 3 years ago. I always suffered with depression and anxiety/social always. I ...
- A study of drug interactions between Zanaflex, Xanax, Lunesta, Cymbalta, Fiorinal, Norco, Fentanyl, Prednisone for a patient with Muscle Spasticity, Stress And Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Pain, Inflammation. The patient has Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Disease
Comments: I went to a Rheumatologist and he said I have Hashimoto disease and said its not serious enough to take meds for. The test is - Thyroid Peroxidase Antiboties - my number is 363. It says that is should be
- A study of drug interactions between Renvela, Cyclophosphamide, Prednisone, Keppra for a patient with Kidney Disease, Goodpasture Syndrome, Seizure - Generalized. The patient has White Blood Cell Count, High Blood Pressure, Brain Contusion, Brain Hemorrhage, Kidney Failure
Comments: Still fighting the disease. Also having muscle twitches and heart flutters.
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Calcium Citrate, Centrum, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Digoxin, Potassium, Furosemide, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Carvedilol, Fentanyl Citrate for a patient with Osteoporosis And Aging, Heart Failure, Osteoporosis, General Physical Condition Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Heart Mri, Potassium - Low, Fluid Retention, Post Polio Syndrome, Pain. The patient has Identifying Family Members, Remembering What Day, Time Of Day, Day Of Week, Day And Night Mixed Up, Confusion
Comments: symptoms came on suddenly after using Fentanyl patches, but did not change after stopping use of patch
More related studies for: Fentanyl, Renal failure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.