Fentanyl and Renal failure - from FDA reports
Renal failure is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Trasylol, and have Coronary artery bypass. This review analyzes which people have Renal failure with Fentanyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,731 people who have side effects when taking Fentanyl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 23, 2017
14,731 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl.
Among them, 291 people (1.98%) have Renal failure
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Fentanyl when people have Renal failure *:
- < 1 month: 94.85 %
- 1 - 6 months: 3.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.03 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 1.03 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Renal failure when taking Fentanyl *:
- female: 49.65 %
- male: 50.35 %
Age of people who have Renal failure when taking Fentanyl *:
- 0-1: 1.16 %
- 2-9: 1.55 %
- 10-19: 0.78 %
- 20-29: 3.88 %
- 30-39: 2.33 %
- 40-49: 12.02 %
- 50-59: 20.16 %
- 60+: 58.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Coronary Artery Bypass (85 people, 29.21%)
- High Blood Pressure (32 people, 11.00%)
- Aortic Valve Replacement (22 people, 7.56%)
- Mitral Valve Repair (20 people, 6.87%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (18 people, 6.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Trasylol (136 people, 46.74%)
- Heparin (126 people, 43.30%)
- Lasix (93 people, 31.96%)
- Protamine Sulfate (91 people, 31.27%)
- Versed (82 people, 28.18%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (140 people, 48.11%)
- Injury (138 people, 47.42%)
- Fear (117 people, 40.21%)
- Renal Injury (110 people, 37.80%)
- Emotional Distress (110 people, 37.80%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Renal failure when taking Fentanyl?
- Check symptoms - is renal failure caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsRenal failure and drugs with ingredients of fentanyl.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeRenal failure and Fentanyl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from Fentanyl 15,361 users)
Renal failure (kidney dysfunction) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple myeloma, diabetes, coronary artery bypass, pain (latest reports from 87,300 Renal failure patients).
Browse all side effects of Fentanyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Renal failureRenal failure
Could your condition cause Renal failureRenal failure
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Hello guys, My name is favour i'm 39 male I have been using dexamethasone(tablets) with Cyproheptadine(caplet), i was too skinny and i needed to add up some flesh and based on a friend's advice i started taking one caplet of Cyproheptadine daily and 1mg of dexacortin(dexamethasone) , in no ...
So my dentist said that fentanyl does cause tooth decay and a rapid Pace I take 25 microgram patches I've never abused them and brush my teeth twice a day does anybody know if my dentist is full of it or is there any type of class action lawsuit out there that somebody filed with the same ...
when metformin was used for my diabetes my complete metabolic panel was normal but sitagliptin was added and my kidney function started getting abnormal. I stopped taking metformin per my md and 3months later my kidney functions got worse. lactic acid level also went up.
User reviews to the study
Hi, I have been on Fentanyl for about 5 years, recently my doctor upped the dosage, I noticed my shortness of breath got much worse, my dr prescribed Xanax because he thought the shortness of breath was from anxiety and stress but now I see that when combined with the Fentanyl it might cause ...