Review: could Fentanyl cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Fentanyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Fentanyl citrate, and have Pain.
We study 14,072 people who have side effects while taking Fentanyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 24 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Fentanyl has active ingredients of fentanyl citrate. It is often used in pain. (latest outcomes from 14,402 Fentanyl users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,510 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Mar, 31, 2015: 14,070 people reported to have side effects when taking Fentanyl. Among them, 24 people (0.17%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Fentanyl when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||80.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Fentanyl * :
|Restless legs syndrome||84.85%||15.15% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Fentanyl * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||12.90%||12.90%||19.35%||54.84% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Fentanyl ** :
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (11 people, 45.83%)
- Breakthrough pain (9 people, 37.50%)
- Fibromyalgia (9 people, 37.50%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 37.50%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Fentanyl citrate (24 people, 100.00%)
- Furosemide (9 people, 37.50%)
- Hydrocodone (8 people, 33.33%)
- Duragesic-100 (8 people, 33.33%)
- Simvastatin (7 people, 29.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Fentanyl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fentanyl and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Fentanyl
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Citalopram Hydrobromide, Wellbutrin for a 25-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of side effects of Haloperidol for a 35-year old man with Schizophrenia. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Multivitamin, Tri-linyah, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa, Adderall 30 for a 31-year old woman with Enteral Nutrition, Birth Control, Hypertension, Ocd, Adhd. The patient has Muscle Twitching, Restless Legs Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Fentanyl, Neurontin, Keppra Xr for a 33-year old woman with Pain, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Gait Disturbance, Short-term Memory Loss, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Visual Impairment, Pain Exacerbated, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Concerta for a 32-year old woman with ADHD. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome
Recent Fentanyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Morphine for a 36-year old woman who has Chronic Pain
- Comparions of Fentanyl, Gabapentin for a 65-year old woman who has Myelitis Transverse
- Comparions of Tramadol, Fentanyl, Suboxone for a 33-year old woman who has Pain
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Baclofen, Bupropion Hydrochloride, Fentanyl, Chantix for a 53-year old woman who has Quit Smoking
- Comparions of Sublimaze Preservative Free, Versed, Nesacaine, Marcaine Hydrochloride Preservative Free, Kenalog-40 for a 36-year old woman who has Nerve Block
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.