Review: could Finasteride cause Overdose?
Summary: Overdose is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,385 people who have side effects while taking Finasteride from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Overdose. Find out below who they are, when they have Overdose and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Finasteride and have Overdose >>>
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (view latest outcomes from 5,715 users)
Overdose has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, osteoporosis.(latest reports from Overdose 51,392 patients)
On Dec, 18, 2014: 5,385 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride. Among them, 60 people (1.11%) have Overdose.
Time on Finasteride when people have Overdose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Finasteride * :
Severity of Overdose when taking Finasteride ** :
How people recovered from Overdose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 38.33%)
- Alopecia (11 people, 18.33%)
- Parkinson's disease (8 people, 13.33%)
- Hiv infection (4 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (3 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (24 people, 40.00%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (24 people, 40.00%)
- Aredia (23 people, 38.33%)
- Celexa (23 people, 38.33%)
- Zometa (23 people, 38.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Overdose while taking Finasteride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Finasteride and have Overdose
- support group for people who take Finasteride
- support group for people who have Overdose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Nasal Congestion, and takes Finasteride)
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, and takes Finasteride, Crestor, Bystolic, Xarelto)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hirsutism, Androgenic Alopecia In Women, and takes Folic Acid, Finasteride )
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
- Blood pressure low with losarten and fiansteride
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Too Low Blood Pressure, and takes Finasteride)
Low blood pressure when taking both Finasteride 5MG and losatern 25MG
More questions for: Finasteride, Overdose
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Finasteride and knee swelling
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Knee Swelling, and takes Finasteride)
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
(Posted by a 90 year old man who has Difficulty In Putting Food In His Mouth, Difficulty In Using The Spoon , and takes Proscar, Omeprazole)
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
More reviews for: Finasteride, Overdose
- A study of side effects of Propecia for a patient with Male Pattern Baldness. The patient has Anxiety Disorder (excessive, uncontrollable, unexplained and often irrational worry), Depression, Erection Problems, Sudden Forgetfulness
Comments: These days, my forgetfulness is more severe than ever, which makes me consider about taking Propecia continually.
I am just waiting for the experiment result(post finasteride syndrome) which is now being conducted by Harvard University Medical Center and Baylor University.
- A study of side effects of Finasteride for a patient with Hair Loss. The patient has Degenerative Joint Disease (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint)
Comments: Lost three inches off my height in the two years I took finasteride. Only took a daily 1mg dose. I have no disk material between my L-4 - L5 and between my L5 - S1. I used to be 6'2" and now I am barely 5'11". I was conclusively 6'2" from a doctor wellness exam a little more than 2 years ago and I a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Tamsulosin, Pioglitazone, Candesartan Cilexetil, Amlodipine Besylate, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a patient with BPH, Type 2 Diabetes, Hypertension, Depression. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: I've only taken the drug for 3 days but I'm stopping taking it as the diarrhea is so severe. I have IBS D which might be part of the problem. I have been taking 15 mg of mirtazapine but this was causing some weight gain and sometimes bad dreams so I requested a change of antidepressant.
- A study of side effects of Finasteride for a patient with Enlarged Prostate. The patient has
Comments: Patient has vascular dementia. Catheter which was supposed to be permanent was removed after successfully taking finasteride for 6 months.
This weekend patient slipped and had head injury, ct scan, X-rays are clear. Why has he been asked to stop finasteride?
- A study of drug interactions between Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Finasteride for a patient with HBP, Bph. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Comments: Has been on the Diltiazem for several years and no problem with HBP. Only started after starting the Finasteride. He has only taken it twice and then he decided to leave it off and use a nutritional product called Urinozinc with beta sitosterol.
More related studies for: Finasteride, Overdose
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.