Review: could Finasteride cause Overdose?
Summary: Overdose is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Furosemide, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,402 people who have side effects while taking Finasteride from FDA and social media. Among them, 60 have Overdose. Find out below who they are, when they have Overdose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Finasteride and have Overdose >>>
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 5,730 Finasteride users)
Overdose has been reported by people with pain, depression, schizophrenia, high blood pressure, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 51,405 Overdose patients)
On Apr, 27, 2015: 5,402 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride. Among them, 60 people (1.11%) have Overdose.
Time on Finasteride when people have Overdose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Finasteride * :
Severity of Overdose when taking Finasteride ** :
How people recovered from Overdose ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (23 people, 38.33%)
- Alopecia (11 people, 18.33%)
- Parkinson's disease (8 people, 13.33%)
- Hiv infection (4 people, 6.67%)
- Pain (3 people, 5.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Furosemide (24 people, 40.00%)
- Citalopram hydrobromide (24 people, 40.00%)
- Aredia (23 people, 38.33%)
- Celexa (23 people, 38.33%)
- Zometa (23 people, 38.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Finasteride and overdose on
Do you have Overdose while taking Finasteride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Finasteride and have Overdose
- support group for people who take Finasteride
- support group for people who have Overdose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Propecia for a 37-year old man with Hair Loss. The patient has Testicular Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Finasteride, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Flecainide Acetate, Lithium Carbonate, Flomax, Effexor Xr for a 75-year old man with BPH, Sleepy, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Urinary Retention, Depression. The patient has Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Pain - Muscles
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Aspirin, Accuretic, Crestor, Finasteride for a 58-year old man with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Bhp. The patient has Skin Bleeding, Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Bupropion Hydrochloride, Clozapine, Bicalutamide, FinasteRide for a 52-year old man with Depression, Schizophrenia Simple, Priapism. The patient has Runny Nose, Priapism
- A study of side effects of Robaxin-750 for a 34-year old woman with Pain - Back. The patient has Overdose
Recent Finasteride related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.