Finasteride and Overdose - from FDA reports
Overdose is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Propecia, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Overdose with Finasteride. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,473 people who have side effects when taking Finasteride from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 26, 2017
14,473 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride.
Among them, 121 people (0.84%) have Overdose
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Finasteride when people have Overdose *:
- < 1 month: 19.35 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.9 %
- 6 - 12 months: 6.45 %
- 1 - 2 years: 12.9 %
- 2 - 5 years: 32.26 %
- 5 - 10 years: 6.45 %
- 10+ years: 9.68 %
Gender of people who have Overdose when taking Finasteride *:
- female: 0.84 %
- male: 99.16 %
Age of people who have Overdose when taking Finasteride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.44 %
- 30-39: 2.44 %
- 40-49: 13.41 %
- 50-59: 10.98 %
- 60+: 70.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (26 people, 21.49%)
- Androgenetic Alopecia (18 people, 14.88%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (12 people, 9.92%)
- Parkinson's Disease (10 people, 8.26%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 7.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Propecia (29 people, 23.97%)
- Furosemide (28 people, 23.14%)
- Citalopram Hydrobromide (26 people, 21.49%)
- Celexa (26 people, 21.49%)
- Aredia (26 people, 21.49%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (50 people, 41.32%)
- Depression (34 people, 28.10%)
- Weakness (33 people, 27.27%)
- Breathing Difficulty (31 people, 25.62%)
- Back Pain (31 people, 25.62%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Overdose when taking Finasteride?
- Check symptoms - is overdose caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsOverdose and drugs with ingredients of finasteride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeOverdose and Finasteride from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. (latest outcomes from Finasteride 15,299 users)
Overdose has been reported by people with pain, depression, high blood pressure, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety (latest reports from 75,059 Overdose patients).
Browse all side effects of Finasteridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with OverdoseOverdose
Could your condition cause OverdoseOverdose
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
I am a 70+ male with nasal polyps. Years ago I experienced a stuffy nose with Flomax and now, after recently taking Finasteride for little over a month, I experiencd the same problem. Accordingly, I am unable to tolerate either drug.
A quarter of a tablet taken daily for last 20 years for hair loss. Maybe a factor with my ED. However, weight loss, improved diet, cessation of all other over the counter drugs and abstinence from alcohol have shown a marked improvement in my erections and also maintaining an erection.