Home > Finasteride > Withdrawal syndrome > Finasteride and Withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Finasteride cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Back pain.
We study 5,382 people who have side effects while taking Finasteride from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Finasteride and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Finasteride (latest outcomes from 5,711 users) has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) (latest reports from 57,075 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 5,382 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride. Among them, 16 people (0.30%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Finasteride when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Finasteride * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00%||71.43% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Finasteride ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (5 people, 31.25%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 25.00%)
- Parkinson's disease (4 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 25.00%)
- Neuralgia (3 people, 18.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (5 people, 31.25%)
- Dalteparin sodium (4 people, 25.00%)
- Midodrine hydrochloride (4 people, 25.00%)
- Toprol-xl (4 people, 25.00%)
- Moviprep (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Finasteride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Finasteride and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Finasteride
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Chronic Pain, Failed Back Surgery Syndrome, and takes Fluticasone Propionate, Finasteride, Doxazosin Mesylate, Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Butrans, Sertraline, Omeprazole, Simvastatin, Triamterene And Hydrochlorothiazide, Naproxen, Aspirin, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Senna, Colace, Methadone Hydrochloride)
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay ...
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
(Asked by a 74 year old man who has Acquired Afibrinogenaemia, and takes Finasteride, Crestor, Bystolic, Xarelto)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasional ...
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has Hirsutism, Androgenic Alopecia In Women, and takes Folic Acid, Finasteride )
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
- Blood pressure low with losarten and fiansteride
(Asked by a 87 year old man who has Too Low Blood Pressure, and takes Finasteride)
Low blood pressure when taking both Finasteride 5MG and losatern 25MG
- Is taking rythmol and cialis dangerous
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Heart Arithymiya, Enlarged Prostate, and takes Cialis, Finasteride, Rythmol, Pradaxa, Metformin)
Are there contraindications or dangers in adding cialis to the other 4 medications
More questions for: Finasteride, Withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
(Posted by a 66 year old woman who has Insomnia, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Withdrawal Syndrome, and takes Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac, Lorazepam)
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first ...
- Finasteride and knee swelling
(Posted by a 43 year old man who has Knee Swelling, and takes Finasteride)
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
(Posted by a 90 year old man who has Difficulty In Putting Food In His Mouth, Difficulty In Using The Spoon , and takes Proscar, Omeprazole)
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
More reviews for: Finasteride, Withdrawal syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Divalproex, Vimpat, Finasteride for a patient with BPH, Petit Mal Seizure. The patient has Bph
Comments: Small Prostate cancer in addition to BPH
- A study of drug interactions between Acetaminophen, Clopidogrel, Candesartan Cilexetil, Levothyroxine Sodium, Fenofibrate, Crestor, Lantus Solostar, Plavix, Finasteride, Fish Oil, Vitamin D for a patient with Pain - Bones, Blood Thinner, High Blood Pressure, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Diabetes Mellitus, Bph, Vitamin D Toxicity. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Fine until taking acetaminophen and flu and pneumonia shots. Diarrhea by the next morning. going over 25+ time in 12 hours
- A study of side effects of Propecia for a patient with Male Pattern Baldness. The patient has Throat Irritation
Comments: The severity of the aching in the throat differs each day. It hasn't got worse but not better even after taking the Propecia for 4 months
- A study of drug interactions between Oxycodone, Iron Dextran, Aspirin, Magnesium, Lipitor, Prozac, Diovan Hct, Proscar, Allopurinol for a patient with Knee Pain, Ace Levels, Health, Calcium Level - Low - Infants, Arteriosclerosis, Depression, Blood Pressure, Prostate Examination Abnormal, Kidney Stones. The patient has Lightheadedness - Fainting
Comments: Triggered when I play golf when the temp is above 78-80 degrees.
- A study of drug interactions between Rapaflo, Finasteride for a patient with BPH. The patient has Drooling
Comments: Did not notice until started Finasteride, but might have been slight with Rapaflo.
More related studies for: Finasteride, Withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.