Review: could Finasteride cause Withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Finasteride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Back pain.
We study 5,385 people who have side effects while taking Finasteride from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Finasteride and have Withdrawal syndrome >>>
Finasteride has active ingredients of finasteride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (view latest outcomes from 5,715 users)
Withdrawal syndrome (a discontinuation syndrome is a set of symptoms occurred due to discontinuation of substance) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, muscle spasticity, back pain.(latest reports from Withdrawal syndrome 9,186 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 5,385 people reported to have side effects when taking Finasteride. Among them, 16 people (0.30%) have Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Finasteride when people have Withdrawal syndrome * :
Age of people who have Withdrawal syndrome when taking Finasteride * :
|Withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00%||71.43% |
Severity of Withdrawal syndrome when taking Finasteride ** :
How people recovered from Withdrawal syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Back pain (5 people, 31.25%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 25.00%)
- Parkinson's disease (4 people, 25.00%)
- Depression (4 people, 25.00%)
- Neuralgia (3 people, 18.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (5 people, 31.25%)
- Dalteparin sodium (4 people, 25.00%)
- Midodrine hydrochloride (4 people, 25.00%)
- Toprol-xl (4 people, 25.00%)
- Moviprep (4 people, 25.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Finasteride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Finasteride and have Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Finasteride
- support group for people who have Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Do others have nasal congestion from the drug
i especially notice these symptoms after eating a meal
- Can long-term methadone use cause or increase the risk of colon cancer?
I had a two-level spinal fusion at L4-S1 in 2000 after being injuried at work in Sept. 24, 1997. I lost everything after...the unjury, ability to do my job, my wife and family (couldn't take the strain) my home, my sense of self and purpose, direction and belonging...credit rating and ability to pay my bills.
After a long period of waiting to settle my workmens' comp. case, I returned home, from the Bat Area back to Arizona to take of my mother with a yet un dianosed case of moderate dementia.
Then, in 2011 I had a 2nd surgery to relieve spinal stenosis btwn. L2-L4, just above the fusion site.
I've been taking methadone since early 2004, a little over ten years, now. I've had high blood pressure since my injury.
Now, I waiting to be scheduled for a colonoscopy, with my father having had polyps and the way I've been feeling..drained, tired all the time, and stomach pains ( in addition to my chronic low back pain), I...
find myself wondering if there is any relationtionship between the methadone and other meds and cancer?
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months (1 answer)
I suspected it about 4 months ago but couldn't pin it down. Then 2 months ago I started an exercise program which causes me to sweat heavily. It really became noticeable at that point. I shower daily but if I work up a little sweat I can notice it. It seems to be getting worse. I did occasionally eat onions but have since cut them out. I used to eat a lot more and never had this problem.
My internet searches have found nothing.
- Is finasteride the best medicine for me? (1 answer)
My testosterone level is 0.67 and i have androgenic alopecia pattern on my left side of my head
- Blood pressure low with losarten and fiansteride
Low blood pressure when taking both Finasteride 5MG and losatern 25MG
More questions for: Finasteride, Withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Lorazepam nearly killed me during cancer treatment
Day 31 of cold turkey and I want to die. It is a roller coaster from body tics and sweats to rage and crying in one day. I felt so good the 4h day of c/t. It was like before my cancer diagnosis. My bowels are better off Lorazepam. I threw up during bowel movements from the pain. Off Lorazepam first normal bowel movement in over 2 years. Stomach so damaged by Lorazepam that I have absolutely no appetite. I force myself to eat. Neuropathy in hands nearly gone. Feet are better but slower. Lymphedema that appeared after one year on Lorazepam is now gone. I have full range of motion.
- Finasteride and knee swelling
taken finasteride 1 mg since 5 years, knee swelling both sides since 1,5 years. MRT without pathologic findings. stopped finasteride since 3 weeks. No more Knee swelling.
- Chills associated with ibuprophen (1 response)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled with Ibuprophen. I thought it was age and/or the weather. Perhaps these are factors; but it happens every time I use Ibuprophen. I share this hoping it can help others.
- Enoxoparine causing worsening of stiffness more weakness in ability to use his hand properly
My father had cardiac cath to check the conduction the study complicated by DVT
Given enoxoparine 8000 IU sub cut daily for 4weeks
Can I discontinue enoxoparine and give him aspirin 81mg daily
More reviews for: Finasteride, Withdrawal syndrome
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- These days, my forgetfulness is more severe than ever, which makes me consider about taking Propecia continually.
I am just waiting for the experiment result(post finasteride syndrome) which is now being conducted by Harvard University Medical Center and Baylor University.
- Lost three inches off my height in the two years I took finasteride. Only took a daily 1mg dose. I have no disk material between my L-4 - L5 and between my L5 - S1. I used to be 6'2" and now I am barely 5'11". I was conclusively 6'2" from a doctor wellness exam a little more than 2 years ago and I a ...
- Stopped the use of Axiron approximately 10 days ago. Have had two episodes of dizziness, rapid heat-beat and severe sweating lasting approximately 30 minutes each time. Heart rate returned to normal pattern after each episode. Stopped using Axiron because of the negative publicity by the parasite l ...
- I've only taken the drug for 3 days but I'm stopping taking it as the diarrhea is so severe. I have IBS D which might be part of the problem. I have been taking 15 mg of mirtazapine but this was causing some weight gain and sometimes bad dreams so I requested a change of antidepressant.
- Previously using and recently withdrawn from the following medications: morphine (replaced by suboxone) moclobemide and duloxetine (replaced wita time of intense personal crisis and during an emotional breakdown. Some symptoms existed prior to change in medication, some are new and some have been wo ...
More related studies for: Finasteride, Withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.