Review: could Fish oil cause Anemia?
Summary: Anemia is reported only by a few people who take Fish oil.
We study 20,149 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Anemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Anemia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fish oil and have Anemia >>>
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 21,139 Fish oil users)
Anemia (less than the normal quantity of haemoglobin in the blood) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, diabetes, gastroesophageal reflux disease. (latest reports from 558 Anemia patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 20,139 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Anemia.
Time on Fish oil when people have Anemia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Anemia when taking Fish oil * :
Age of people who have Anemia when taking Fish oil * :
Severity of Anemia when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Anemia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Low thyroid (1 people, 50.00%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 50.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes (1 people, 50.00%)
- Restless leg syndrome (1 people, 50.00%)
- Enlarged prostate (1 people, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vitamin b12 (2 people, 100.00%)
- Folate (2 people, 100.00%)
- Prevacid (1 people, 50.00%)
- B complex vitamin (1 people, 50.00%)
- Polygonum cuspidatum (1 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fish oil and anemia on
Do you have Anemia while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Anemia
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Anemia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Aspirin, Accuretic, Crestor, Finasteride for a 58-year old man with Hypertension, High Blood Cholesterol, Bhp. The patient has Skin Bleeding, Skin Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Prilosec, Toprol-xl, Tambocor, Allegra, Lotensin for a 70-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Gerd, Hypertensive Cardiomegaly, Hypertension, Allergic Cough. The patient has Leukocytosis, Anemia
- A study of drug interactions between Magnesium, Fish Oil, Esomeprazole Magnesium for a 43-year old woman with Magnesium - Low, Dry Eye, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease. The patient has Lightheadedness - Dizzy
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
Recent Fish oil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ashwagandha, Fish Oil for a 40-year old woman who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Macrobid, Fish Oil for a 25-year old woman who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Concerta, Intuniv, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 39-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.