Review: could Fish oil cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
Summary: Bone and joint pain is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 20,139 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 975 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fish oil and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 21,128 Fish oil users)
Bone and joint pain
Bone and joint pain has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 118,887 Bone and joint pain patients)
On Mar, 6, 2015: 20,139 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 975 people (4.84%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Fish oil when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||10.00%||15.00%||10.00%||40.00%||20.00%||5.00% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Fish oil * :
|Bone and joint pain||67.85%||32.15% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Fish oil * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.36%||1.20%||5.40%||11.52%||22.81%||58.70% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||57.89%||36.84%||5.26% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||7.69%||92.31% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (135 people, 13.85%)
- Hypertension (119 people, 12.21%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (110 people, 11.28%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (101 people, 10.36%)
- Pain (87 people, 8.92%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (330 people, 33.85%)
- Vitamin d (211 people, 21.64%)
- Folic acid (180 people, 18.46%)
- Calcium (170 people, 17.44%)
- Lipitor (159 people, 16.31%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fish oil and bone and joint pain on
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Creon for a 48-year old woman with Abdominal Discomfort, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Pancreaticoduodenenctomy.
- A study of side effects of Vivelle-dot for a 52-year old woman with Hot Flashes. The patient has Pain - Joints
- A study of side effects of Cytomel for a 75-year old woman with Hypothyroidism. The patient has Bone And Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of side effects of Biotin for a 19-year old girl with Spoon Nails. The patient has Joint Pain
Recent Fish oil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ashwagandha, Fish Oil for a 40-year old woman who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Macrobid, Fish Oil for a 25-year old woman who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Concerta, Intuniv, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 39-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.