Review: could Fish oil cause Confusion?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 25, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 20,099 people who take Fish oil. Among them, 81 have Confusion. See who they are, when they have Confusion and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 18,930 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol, general physical condition abnormal. Commonly reported side effects of Fish oil include skin blushing/flushing, flushing aggravated, fatigue, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Confusion (latest reports from 189,397 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 18,079 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 81 people (0.45%) have Confusion.
Time on Fish oil when people have Confusion * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Confusion when taking Fish oil * :
Age of people who have Confusion when taking Fish oil * :
Severity of Confusion when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Confusion ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (10 people, 12.35%)
- Multiple sclerosis (7 people, 8.64%)
- Anxiety (7 people, 8.64%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (6 people, 7.41%)
- Smoking cessation therapy (5 people, 6.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (24 people, 29.63%)
- Vitamin d (21 people, 25.93%)
- Simvastatin (12 people, 14.81%)
- Multi-vitamin (12 people, 14.81%)
- Metoprolol tartrate (11 people, 13.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Fish oil, Confusion
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Fish Oil (fish oil) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Fish Oil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fish Oil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Fish oil side effects from A to Z:
Browse Fish oil drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (3 months ago):
I developed bronchitis over the course of a week so severe that non-stop coughing for 3 days. Tightness in chest and breathing improved with albuterol and prednisone, but not blood sugars routinely in the upper 2 and 3 hundreds. I did start taking a 4th daily glipiside since am taking prednisone. Now, comatose for hours!!
When I do get awake, severe effort to even move a little. which way is up? On the toilet; did I pee tet or not?EXHAUSTED!! Inside-out weak!
From this study (6 months ago):
Had several rounds of ECT (electro-convulsive therapy) in 2000 to 2001. Large chunks of long term memory lost
Fell and hit back of head on frozen ground in Jan of 2013. Head x-ray normal
Severe car accident in April of 2013. Wearing seat belt...for some reason unbuckled it right before impact with embankment, rolled car twice then lost conciousness briefly (must have been less than a minute). Head CT-scan normal.
I have always had issues with short term memory...everyone in the family for years have jokingly made fun of my lack of memory..i utilize voice mail, cell phone calendars, etc. thouroughly . Since the two falls this year, things have gotten worse. Can only remember 2 of the "name 3 things test"...took 5 seconds for me to remember who the President of the U.S. is...had a "black-out"?? when driving..had sensation of car turning sideways then upon "waking up" didn't know where i was (entering the parking lot to work) and could not remember how to negotiate the curve..recovered quickly and was OK.....wearing 2 significantly different shoes to a football game..when filling out the "Race" section of the website..brought the "pull-down" up and looked for my race..I did not know what it was until I saw it.. my family doctor has a MRI scheduled for next week (week of Sept 23rd) and then a consult w a neurologist.
From this study (10 months ago):
All checked side effects started the day after taking Trazodone and have continued for last few days. Severity of all side effects are new and do not think they are related to conditions of fibromyalgia, PTSD, anxiety and depression. I've never been in such a confused mental state and been so sluggish until starting Trazodone.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fish oil, Confusion
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Health issues and struggles
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Fish oil, Confusion
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Raspberry Ketone, Multivitamin, Vitamin D, CoQ-10, Aleve, Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Ketotifen Fumarate, Provigil, Glipizide for a patient with Weight Loss, Nutritional Support, Vitamin D Deficiency, Prophylaxis, Migraine Prophylaxis, Preventive Health Care, Hyperlipidemia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Altered State Of Consciousness, Confusion, Bronchitis Nos, Hyperglycaemia (Hyperglycemia)
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Vitamin D, Glucosamine, Vitamin B12, Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Lithium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Synthroid for a patient with Excessive Sleepiness, Sleep Apnea, Health, Joint Pain, Heart Murmurs, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Confusion, Memory Impairment (Memory loss)
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Aspartate, Malic Acid, Vitamin C, L-Lysine, Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, B Complex Vitamin, Garlic, Cinnamon Bark, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Lipoic Acid, NAC, SAM-e, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Xanax, Clonazepam, Wellbutrin, Cymbalta, Cymbalta, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Fibtomyalgia, Fibromyalgia Syndrome, Vitamin D Deficiency, Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Panic Disorder Without Agoraphobia, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Ptsd, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type. The patient has Headache, Numbing In Extremities, Confusion, Blood In Urine, Dizziness, Sluggishness, Tiredness (Fatigue), Chronic Migraine, Difficulty Concentrating
More related studies for: Fish oil, Confusion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.