Review: could Fish oil cause Cyanosis (Skin discoloration - bluish)?
Summary: Cyanosis is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Neuropathy peripheral.
We study 20,149 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 32 have Cyanosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Cyanosis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fish oil and have Cyanosis >>>
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 21,139 Fish oil users)
Cyanosis (lack of oxygen in body leads to blue appearance of skin ,mucous membrane nails) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, pain, stress and anxiety, asthma. (latest reports from 12,146 Cyanosis patients)
On Apr, 25, 2015: 20,149 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 32 people (0.16%) have Cyanosis.
Time on Fish oil when people have Cyanosis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cyanosis when taking Fish oil * :
Age of people who have Cyanosis when taking Fish oil * :
Severity of Cyanosis when taking Fish oil ** :
How people recovered from Cyanosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Neuropathy peripheral (4 people, 12.50%)
- Cardiac disorder (4 people, 12.50%)
- Contraception (4 people, 12.50%)
- Dry skin (4 people, 12.50%)
- Premature labour (4 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (13 people, 40.62%)
- Multi-vitamins (8 people, 25.00%)
- Synthroid (8 people, 25.00%)
- Calcium carbonate (6 people, 18.75%)
- Nitroglycerin (6 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cyanosis while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Cyanosis
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Cyanosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Garlic, Niacin, Milk Thistle, Acidophilus, Magnesium, Multivitamin, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Foradil, Amlodipine Besylate, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 73-year old man with Health, Liver Function Tests, Digestive Health, General Health, Generalhealth, Copd, Hypertension. The patient has Rash
- A study of side effects of Vyvanse for a 17-year old girl with ADD. The patient has Appetite Decreased, Nausea, Irritability, Fatigue, Headache, Dizziness, Bluish Skin, Heart Palpitations, Heart Rate Increased, Chest Pain, Shortness Of Breath, Dry Mouth
- A study of drug interactions between Celexa, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Calcium Gluceptate, Albuterol Sulfate And Ipratropium Bromide, Claritin Reditabs, Combivent, Breo Ellipta, Xanax for a 77-year old woman with Depression, General Physical Health Deterioration, Enzyme Supplementation, Osteoporosis And Aging, Copd, Runny Nose, Anxiety. The patient has Shortness Of Breath, Runny Nose
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Omega 3, Ocusert Pilo-20, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lexapro for a 59-year old woman with Vitamin D Deficiency, Fibromyalgia, Dry Eyes, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has Anxiety And Stress, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Ambien, Aspirin, Fish Oil, Celexa, Enalapril Maleate, Metoprolol Tartrate, Adderall 30, Plavix, Imdur for a 71-year old man with Insomnia, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression, Adhd, Angina - Unstable. The patient has Irritability, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Teeth Brittle
Recent Fish oil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ashwagandha, Fish Oil for a 40-year old woman who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Macrobid, Fish Oil for a 25-year old woman who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Concerta, Intuniv, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 39-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.