Home > Fish oil > Diverticulitis > Fish oil and Diverticulitis
Review: could Fish oil cause Diverticulitis?
Summary: Diverticulitis is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 20,095 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 69 have Diverticulitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diverticulitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fish oil and have Diverticulitis >>>
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 21,081 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall) (latest reports from 64,386 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 20,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 69 people (0.34%) have Diverticulitis.
Time on Fish oil when people have Diverticulitis * :
Gender of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Fish oil * :
Age of people who have Diverticulitis when taking Fish oil * :
Severity of Diverticulitis when taking Fish oil ** :
How people recovered from Diverticulitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (19 people, 27.54%)
- Seasonal allergy (18 people, 26.09%)
- Multiple myeloma (18 people, 26.09%)
- Mood altered (17 people, 24.64%)
- Diarrhoea (17 people, 24.64%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (35 people, 50.72%)
- Revlimid (30 people, 43.48%)
- Zometa (30 people, 43.48%)
- Celebrex (25 people, 36.23%)
- Lasix (23 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diverticulitis while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Diverticulitis
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Diverticulitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- What do i have, it's bothering me
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Burning Bones--bones Feel On Fire, and takes Turmeric Root, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Lipoic Acid, Chamomile, Milkweed, Valerian, Kava)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; a ...
- Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Difficulty Ejaculating, Penile Insensitivity, and takes Lipitor, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM)
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- Any success in treating symptoms of pmdd with wild yam root
(Asked by a 41 year old woman who has PMDD, GAD, ADHD, Diverticulitis, Acid Reflux, Restless Leg Syndrome, Factor V Leiden Mutation, and takes Cymbalta, Ativan, Dextroamphetamine Sulfate, Nexium, Catapres, Magnesium)
Hi All. A little over a year and a half ago, I was dx with Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)and was prescribed YASMIN (YAZ) to treat the severe mood changes and suicidal thoughts I was getting 2 weeks out of every 4. The YASMIN worked brilliantly for 9 months and all the PMDD symptoms vanished ...
- Have you ever had a swollen lymph node in the neck area caused by medication you are taking?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Swollen Lymph Nodes, and takes Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Coreg, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Fish Oil, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Ergocalciferol)
I have a swollen lymph node which appeared in the neck area under my left ear about three weeks ago...it grew quickly (overnight) and then it came down significantly after I took antibiotics. It is almost gone, but I can still feel a very, very small lump (it still keeps going down every day). Went ...
More questions for: Fish oil, Diverticulitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Bone infections involving my teeth crohns and prednisone over the past 12 years
(Posted by a 54 year old woman who has Acid Reflux, Thyroid Disorder, Ulcer - Stomach, Restrictive Pulmonary Disease, Intestinal Resection, Diverticulitis, Crohn's Disease, and takes Vitamin D, Synthroid, Prilosec Otc, Pravastatin Sodium, Asacol Hd)
Dentist  tell me the abscesses are in the bones and I've had several root canals, bridges, bone surgeries that last 3 years, teeth became so mobile after the bone economy I had them pulled and now a partial one month ago. Bone loss etc. I don't have the ridges in my mouth that most Crohn patients ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
More reviews for: Fish oil, Diverticulitis
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Add. The patient has
Comments: Been taking Amphetamine Salts, generic of Adderall, (currently 60mg ER-kind of high) for 18 yrs & honestly, could not get through life without it. I have a busier lifestyle than ever these days. I'm a police officer on the overnight shift in a very dangerous area and I have a fiancé with the very ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones, Paralysis, Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness, Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral, Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head, Fatigue - Chronic, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Cramps - Muscle, Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Dizziness, Restlessness, Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles
Comments: I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Vitamin D, Glucosamine, Vitamin B12, Baby Aspirin, Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Lithium Carbonate, Lamictal, Lexapro, Wellbutrin, Synthroid for a patient with Excessive Sleepiness, Sleep Apnea, Health, Joint Pain, Heart Murmurs, Bipolar Disorder, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Confusion, Memory Impairment
Comments: Had several rounds of ECT (electro-convulsive therapy) in 2000 to 2001. Large chunks of long term memory lost
Fell and hit back of head on frozen ground in Jan of 2013. Head x-ray normal
Severe car accident in April of 2013. Wearing seat belt...for some reason unbuckled it right before impact ...
- A study of drug interactions between Cinnamon, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Niacin, CoQ10, Aspirin, Lamotrigine, Risperidone, Paroxetine Hydrochloride, Lipitor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Digoxin for a patient with Heart, Despression, Atrial Fibrillation, Help Heart, Bipolar 1, Depression, Blood Cholesterol Increased, High Blood Pressure, A-fib. The patient has Bipolar 1, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Atrial Fibrillation
Comments: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD)like symptoms to include:
--specks of light
--snow & rain affect
--trails following objects in motion
--halos or auras
--illusions of motion in a static environment
--distortions in dimension
--heightened awareness of motion.
Occurs in dark o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Fish Oil, Calcium, Multivitamin, Lisinopril, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a patient with Preventive Health Care, High Blood Pressure, Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Back Pain, Stomach Tenderness, Diarrhea
Comments: I was diagnosed with Stage 1 endometrial cancer AND stage 1 ovarian cancer. They removed uterus and ovaries which threw me into surgical menopause. Felt constantly anxious and hated it. So started on Citalopram 4 months ago. Finally felt like my old optimistic self. This was a miracle drug for m ...
More related studies for: Fish oil, Diverticulitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Skin Rash and Adderall
- Invokana and Breathing Difficulty
- Tikosyn and Trazodone
- Xarelto and Muscle Pain
- Methimazole and Thrombophlebitis
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver trans ... (4 hours ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: I have, ADHD, depression, anxiety and recently diagnosed w ... (8 hours ago)
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (10 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- A really bad day ritalin+orange juice
I took Ritaline, then Orange juice. I couldn't do my exam ... (4 hours ago)
- Tingling feet and hands
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of t ... (9 hours ago)
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)