Review: could Fish oil cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 20,139 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 382 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fish oil and have Drowsiness >>>
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 21,128 Fish oil users)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 69,918 Drowsiness patients)
On Feb, 28, 2015: 20,128 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 382 people (1.90%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Fish oil when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Drowsiness when taking Fish oil * :
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Fish oil * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (47 people, 12.30%)
- Hypertension (46 people, 12.04%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (35 people, 9.16%)
- Depression (35 people, 9.16%)
- Bipolar disorder (27 people, 7.07%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (137 people, 35.86%)
- Vitamin d (96 people, 25.13%)
- Lipitor (66 people, 17.28%)
- Lyrica (54 people, 14.14%)
- Calcium (54 people, 14.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fish oil and drowsiness on
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Fentanyl-100 for a 76-year old man with Pain. The patient has Sleepy, Fatigue - Chronic (long feeling of tiredness)
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Valproic Acid for a 45-year old man with Epilepsy. The patient has Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Omeprazole, Gemfibrozil, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide for a 55-year old man with Blood Triglycerides Abnormal, Barrett's Oesophagus, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has High Blood Sugar
- A study of drug interactions between Probiotic, B Complex Vitamin, Fish Oil, Creon for a 48-year old woman with Abdominal Discomfort, Fatigue, High Blood Cholesterol, Pancreaticoduodenenctomy.
- A study of side effects of Cellcept for a 21-year old woman with Thrombotic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. The patient has Chills (felling of cold), Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Sweating - Excessive (abnormally increased sweating), Fever, Sleepiness (excess sleeping), Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness (feeling of tiredness), Diarrhoea, Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit)
Recent Fish oil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ashwagandha, Fish Oil for a 40-year old woman who has Heart Attack
- Comparions of Macrobid, Fish Oil for a 25-year old woman who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Concerta, Intuniv, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 39-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.