Home > Fish oil > Elevated liver enzymes > Fish oil and Elevated liver enzymes
Review: could Fish oil cause Elevated liver enzymes?
Summary: Elevated liver enzymes is reported only by a few people who take Fish oil.
We study 20,104 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Elevated liver enzymes. Find out below who they are, when they have Elevated liver enzymes and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fish oil and have Elevated liver enzymes >>>
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 21,081 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Elevated liver enzymes
Elevated liver enzymes (high liver enzymes) (latest reports from 1,241 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 20,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 3 people (0.01%) have Elevated Liver Enzymes.
Time on Fish oil when people have Elevated liver enzymes * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Fish oil * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Elevated liver enzymes when taking Fish oil * :
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Elevated liver enzymes when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Elevated liver enzymes||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Elevated liver enzymes ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Elevated liver enzymes||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (2 people, 66.67%)
- Elevated liver enzymes (1 people, 33.33%)
- Blood testosterone decreased (1 people, 33.33%)
- Vitamin supplementation (1 people, 33.33%)
- General ill feeling (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Testosterone cypionate (1 people, 33.33%)
- Multivitamin (1 people, 33.33%)
- Diltiazem hydrochloride (1 people, 33.33%)
- Benicar (1 people, 33.33%)
- Calcium (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Elevated Liver Enzymes while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Elevated Liver Enzymes
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Elevated Liver Enzymes
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What do i have, it's bothering me
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Burning Bones--bones Feel On Fire, and takes Turmeric Root, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Lipoic Acid, Chamomile, Milkweed, Valerian, Kava)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; a ...
- Penis is not sensitive. difficult to ejaculate, little, sometimes, no semen produced
(Asked by a 67 year old man who has Difficulty Ejaculating, Penile Insensitivity, and takes Lipitor, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Fish Oil, Baby Aspirin, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM)
I have no problem getting an erection; however, I seem to "lose interest" and full erection shortly after I penetrate. Viagra, etc. have not helped with this. As noted above, my penis is less sensitive and requires a lot of friction for me to ejaculate. Amount of ejaculate greatly reduced. I am look ...
- Have you ever had a swollen lymph node in the neck area caused by medication you are taking?
(Asked by a 63 year old man who has Swollen Lymph Nodes, and takes Simvastatin, Lisinopril, Coreg, Amlodipine, Pantoprazole, Fish Oil, Selenium, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, Ergocalciferol)
I have a swollen lymph node which appeared in the neck area under my left ear about three weeks ago...it grew quickly (overnight) and then it came down significantly after I took antibiotics. It is almost gone, but I can still feel a very, very small lump (it still keeps going down every day). Went ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- Drug interactions of metformin, imidapril and simvastatin in old woman?
(Asked by a 63 year old woman who has Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Hyperlipidemia, and takes Simvastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril, Fish Oil)
what are the possible interactions of my medications? how can i manage it?
More questions for: Fish oil, Elevated liver enzymes
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
- Latuda stoped hypoglcymia
(Posted by a 49 year old man who has Hypoglycaemia Neonatal, and takes Latuda, Cymbalta, Lithium Carbonate, Lamotrigine, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Coenzyme Q - 10, Magnesium)
I have hypoglycemia and have had to be carefull of my sugar intake. Started taking Latuda and now i can eat sugar like most people do
- Health issues and struggles
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Epilepsy, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Graves Disease, Brain Tumor, Head Trauma, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Pain Syndrome, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tinnitus, Seasonal Allergy, and takes Keppra, Lamictal, Vitamin D, Fish Oil)
I have numerous health issues. Some I've lived with not realizing they were there. Others are caused by meds I've taken in the past or am still using now.
Lupus is the most recent and biggest trouble I have right now. It is caused by the one drug that finally gave me control of my seizures
Some o ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
(Posted by a 68 year old man who has Pulmonary Embolisms, and takes Cymbalta, Celebrex, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Fish Oil, Crestor, Glimepiride, Metformin)
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
More reviews for: Fish oil, Elevated liver enzymes
- A study of side effects of Aspirin for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Blood Cholesterol, Elevated Mood, Elevated Liver Enzymes (high liver enzymes)
Comments: After taking Lipitor, then taking Crestor combined with Niaspan, I began to feel muscle and joint pain. Doctor decided to check my CK levels and found them to be highly elevated and told me to stop taking everything and to drink lots of water.Muscle biopsy was inconclusive but showed some symptoms o ...
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Add. The patient has
Comments: Been taking Amphetamine Salts, generic of Adderall, (currently 60mg ER-kind of high) for 18 yrs & honestly, could not get through life without it. I have a busier lifestyle than ever these days. I'm a police officer on the overnight shift in a very dangerous area and I have a fiancé with the very ...
More related studies for: Fish oil, Elevated liver enzymes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.