Review: could Fish oil cause Loss of hair (Hair loss)?
Summary: Loss of hair is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 20,139 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 230 have Loss of hair. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of hair and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fish oil and have Loss of hair >>>
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 21,120 Fish oil users)
Loss of hair
Loss of hair has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,705 Loss of hair patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 20,139 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 230 people (1.14%) have Loss Of Hair.
Time on Fish oil when people have Loss of hair * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of hair||13.33%||13.33%||20.00%||26.67%||13.33%||13.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of hair when taking Fish oil * :
|Loss of hair||85.46%||14.54% |
Age of people who have Loss of hair when taking Fish oil * :
|Loss of hair||0.00%||0.00%||3.12%||2.08%||6.77%||9.90%||29.17%||48.96% |
Severity of Loss of hair when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of hair ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of hair||6.67%||6.67%||86.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (26 people, 11.30%)
- Hypothyroidism (24 people, 10.43%)
- Depression (18 people, 7.83%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (18 people, 7.83%)
- Vitamin supplementation (17 people, 7.39%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (58 people, 25.22%)
- Vitamin d (48 people, 20.87%)
- Calcium (44 people, 19.13%)
- Multi-vitamins (28 people, 12.17%)
- Folic acid (26 people, 11.30%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Hair while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Loss Of Hair
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Loss of hair
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Topiramate for a 43-year old woman with Migraine With Aura. The patient has Dizziness, Burning Sensation, Feeling Cold, Dry Mouth, Hyperthermia (body temperature greatly above normal), Hair Texture Abnormal, Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Abilify for a 31-year old woman with Psychosis. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Lyrica for a 42-year old woman with Neuropathy. The patient has Hair Loss, Nail Toxicity (nail damaged due to toxin)
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of side effects of Cisplatin for a 51-year old woman with Anal Cancer Stage Iv. The patient has Hair Loss
Recent Fish oil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Macrobid, Fish Oil for a 25-year old woman who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Concerta, Intuniv, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 39-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Aspirin, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 72-year old man who has Vitamin D Decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.