Home > Fish oil > Loss of hair > Fish oil and Loss of hair
Review: could Fish oil cause Loss of hair (Hair loss)?
We study 20,095 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 228 have Loss of hair. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of hair and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Fish oil and have Loss of hair >>>
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 21,071 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Loss of hair
Loss of hair (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 30, 2014: 20,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 228 people (1.13%) have Loss Of Hair.
Time on Fish oil when people have Loss of hair * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of hair||7.69%||15.38%||23.08%||30.77%||7.69%||15.38%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of hair when taking Fish oil * :
|Loss of hair||85.33%||14.67% |
Age of people who have Loss of hair when taking Fish oil * :
|Loss of hair||0.00%||0.00%||3.16%||2.11%||6.84%||9.47%||28.95%||49.47% |
Severity of Loss of hair when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of hair||0.00%||62.50%||37.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of hair ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of hair||7.14%||7.14%||85.71% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (26 people, 11.40%)
- Hypothyroidism (24 people, 10.53%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (18 people, 7.89%)
- Vitamin supplementation (17 people, 7.46%)
- Atrial fibrillation (17 people, 7.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (58 people, 25.44%)
- Vitamin d (48 people, 21.05%)
- Calcium (44 people, 19.30%)
- Multi-vitamins (28 people, 12.28%)
- Folic acid (26 people, 11.40%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Loss Of Hair
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Loss Of Hair
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Fish oil, Loss of hair
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Depo provera overdose
Dr acidentially gave me something like 9 times the normal dose of depo provera. My life has been miserable! I have fought excessive weight gain, infertility, severe cellulite, and acne for 20 years.
More reviews for: Fish oil, Loss of hair
On eHealthMe, Fish Oil (fish oil) is often used for high blood cholesterol. Find out below the conditions Fish Oil is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Fish Oil used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Xarelto, Sotalol Hydrochloride, Digoxin for a patient with Vitamins, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Hypothyroidism, Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Fish Oil, Coenzyme Q - 10, Zyrtec, Amlodipine Besylate; Benazepril Hydrochloride, Zetia for a patient with Health, Energy, General Symptom, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Allergies, Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein, Fish Oil for a patient with Skin Hyperpigmentation, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Hair Loss
More related studies for: Fish oil, Loss of hair
Recent Fish oil related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Fish oil, Loss of hair
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.