Home > Fish oil > Restless legs syndrome > Fish oil and Restless legs syndrome
Review: could Fish oil cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Hypertension.
We study 20,104 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 65 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Fish oil and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Fish oil (latest outcomes from 21,081 users) has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol.
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) (latest reports from 16,008 patients) has been reported by people with restless leg syndrome, osteoporosis, depression, high blood pressure, pain.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 20,095 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 65 people (0.32%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Fish oil when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||66.67%||16.67%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Fish oil * :
|Restless legs syndrome||53.12%||46.88% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Fish oil * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.62%||7.69%||32.69%||50.00% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||33.33%||16.67%||50.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||66.67%||33.33% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (11 people, 16.92%)
- Pain (9 people, 13.85%)
- Restless legs syndrome (9 people, 13.85%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (8 people, 12.31%)
- Hyperparathyroidism secondary (7 people, 10.77%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (25 people, 38.46%)
- Vitamin d (20 people, 30.77%)
- Lisinopril (13 people, 20.00%)
- Furosemide (13 people, 20.00%)
- Calcium (12 people, 18.46%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What can i do to help my wife who is on ambien and sometimes has horrible restless leg syndrome?
(Asked by a 25 year old woman who has ADD, Restless Leg Syndrome, Insomnia, and takes Adderall, Ambien)
She will take her meds like a hour and a half before actually going to sleep. The Zambian that is and sometimes she has uncontrolled restless leg syndrome. She has to move them a certain way and everything. This last time it lasted a hour and a half. I was just wondering if there is anything I could ...
- Has abilify affected your ability to make good decisions?
(Asked by a 73 year old woman who has Tachycardia, Depression, Fibromyalgia, Anemia, Barrett's Esophagus, Temporal Arteritis, Restless Leg Syndrome, Disautonomia, Autoimmune Retinopathy, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Myasthenia Gravis, Addison's Disease, and takes Abilify)
My husband and I are 73. We had a paid off home and money in the bank until the past 3 years. We have made some terrible decisions and now we are practically penniless. We couldn't understand why we had made such bad decisions and let someone talk us into losing our money. We have also been on A ...
- My sister has a past addiction to morphine. is solonpas addictive?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome, Arthritis In Lower Back, Mild Brain Damage From Suicide Attempt, PTSD)
I take of my baby sister, because in 2010 she tried to take her life with drugs, alcohol and. Cocaine. She complains of pain in her lower back, due to an injury in 1998, which led to surgery, which led to her addictiction to Morphine. She was diagnosed with Arthritis in her back where she had surger ...
- What do i have, it's bothering me
(Asked by a 98 year old woman who has Burning Bones--bones Feel On Fire, and takes Turmeric Root, Vitamin B12, Fish Oil, Lipoic Acid, Chamomile, Milkweed, Valerian, Kava)
finger bones on fire at tips and also toes burning like fire; back of neck and tip of nose very cold and eyes puffy; urine is red sometimes but then sometimes dark brown with yellow foam and white spots in it; tongue coated all white and smells bad; can't sit still because the tailbone is on fire; a ...
- Has anyone have restless syndrom after taking keppra
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Restless Leg Syndrome, and takes Keppra)
I was diagnosed with restless leg syndrome after taking keppra. My condition is serve, luckily I was in the hospital when I had my episode. I was on camera for observation of partial seizure when this happened on my second day in the hospital. Has one had a severely bad episode. I became hysterical ...
More questions for: Fish oil, Restless legs syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almo ...
- Flatulence, lactose intolerance, and clonazapam
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Major Depressive Disorder, Restless Leg Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance)
After taking my first dose of Clonazapam, it seemed my lactose intolerance flared up for 24 hours or more. Flatulence all through the period and watery stool in the morning. Does anyone else find their lactose intolerance triggered by the lactose in Clonazapam?
- How an integrative wellness approach cured me of insomnia, ibs, and more
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Fatigue, Sinusitis Acute, Itching, Cognitive Deterioration, Psoriasis, Anxiety, Restless Leg Syndrome, Frequent Headaches, Nasal Inflammation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Clonazepam, Ambien Cr)
For 10+ years, I suffered with insomnia and a host of other problems including intestinal distress, headaches, psoriasis, anxiety, cognitive issues, hypothyroid, chronic itching, restless leg, etc. Traditional medicine, aka taking drugs, was not working to heal me. Since childhood, I’ve had IBS, h ...
- Cfs/fibro, migraine
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has GI Disorders, Cognitive Deterioration, Migraine With Aura, Neck Pain, Fibromyalgia, CFS, and takes Chantix, Probiotics, Milk Thistle, Black Cohosh, B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Omega 3, Xanax, Topamax, Ambien, Armour Thyroid, Ms Contin, Fentanyl-25)
A strange thing happened when I started taking the Chantix for my smoking cessation...
MY MIGRAINES AND TENSION HEADACHES WENT AWAY!!!
As horrible as they were, and as bad as I have prayed for them to go away, I did not even notice that I didn't have the excruciating headaches anymore!!
I stop ...
More reviews for: Fish oil, Restless legs syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3, Biotin, Multivitamin, Vitamin B12, Restasis, Vyvanse, Escitalopram, Plaquenil, Alprazolam, Trazodone Hydrochloride for a patient with Malnutrition, Sjogren's Syndrome, Add, Depression, Lupus, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Eating Disorder, Anxiety And Stress, Ocd, Weight Below Normal
Comments: In 2011- Gastric Bypass (wt 245#), In Feb. 2014, I weighed 145#. I am 5'8", Dr. wants me at 155#.
Increased stress from a new roommate in April caused severe anxiety resulting to weight dropping in July to 120# and subsequent diag of severe malnutrition. Anxiety is Diag and Alprazolam prescribed. ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Biotin, Adrenal Cortex Extract, Dopamine Hydrochloride, Pancreatin, Fluoxetine, Propranolol Hydrochloride, Vitamin D, Vitamin C for a patient with Autoimmune Thyroiditis, Brittle Nails, Fatigue, Tremor, Pancreatic Enzymes Decreased, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Deficiency Anaemia, Hashish. The patient has Painful Abdomen, Bloating, Tenderness, Fluid Retention Weight Gain
Comments: 7 years ago confirmed high cortisol possible adrenal fatigue. hyperthryoid documented abdomenal pain mri negative on pituitary and abdomen
counselling and diet
today, internal tremors, reactive hypoglycemia, anemic, neuropathy, vitiligo, hypersensitivity, elevated tsh, hashimoto antibodies, ab ...
- A study of drug interactions between Fish Oil, Adderall Xr 30 for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Add. The patient has
Comments: Been taking Amphetamine Salts, generic of Adderall, (currently 60mg ER-kind of high) for 18 yrs & honestly, could not get through life without it. I have a busier lifestyle than ever these days. I'm a police officer on the overnight shift in a very dangerous area and I have a fiancé with the very ...
- A study of drug interactions between Androgel, Actonel, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Zyprexa, Trazodone Hydrochloride, PRISTIQ, Uloric, Lisinopril, Zonegran for a patient with Blood Testosterone Increased, Osteopenia, High Blood Cholesterol, Migraine Without Aura, Depression, Gout - Chronic. The patient has Ligament Injury
Comments: Could be coincidence, since I have been on this list I have required surgery to repair the Scapho-lunate ligament in my wrist and now I have a hernia on my right side. Are any of these meds contributors?
More related studies for: Fish oil, Restless legs syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.