Review: could Fish oil cause Stuffy nose (Nasal congestion)?
Summary: Stuffy nose is found among people who take Fish oil, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Preventive health care.
We study 20,139 people who have side effects while taking Fish oil from FDA and social media. Among them, 94 have Stuffy nose. Find out below who they are, when they have Stuffy nose and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Fish oil and have Stuffy nose >>>
Fish oil has active ingredients of fish oil. It is often used in high blood cholesterol. (latest outcomes from 21,128 Fish oil users)
Stuffy nose (blockage of the nasal passages usually due to membranes lining the nose becoming swollen from inflamed blood vessels) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, erection problems. (latest reports from 14,504 Stuffy nose patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 20,139 people reported to have side effects when taking Fish oil. Among them, 94 people (0.47%) have Stuffy Nose.
Time on Fish oil when people have Stuffy nose * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Stuffy nose when taking Fish oil * :
|Stuffy nose||81.13%||18.87% |
Age of people who have Stuffy nose when taking Fish oil * :
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||0.00%||1.08%||1.08%||8.60%||23.66%||37.63%||27.96% |
Severity of Stuffy nose when taking Fish oil ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Stuffy nose ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Stuffy nose||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (19 people, 20.21%)
- Pain (12 people, 12.77%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 10.64%)
- Immunodeficiency common variable (8 people, 8.51%)
- Vitamin supplementation (7 people, 7.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (38 people, 40.43%)
- Multi-vitamins (28 people, 29.79%)
- Omeprazole (27 people, 28.72%)
- Vitamin d (26 people, 27.66%)
- Calcium (25 people, 26.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of fish oil and stuffy nose on
Do you have Stuffy Nose while taking Fish Oil?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Fish oil and have Stuffy Nose
- support group for people who take Fish oil
- support group for people who have Stuffy Nose
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Losartan Potassium, Simvastatin, Baclofen for a 51-year old woman with Vitamin D Decreased, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Fear Of Eating, Uncontrollable Urination, Sudden Onset Of Sleep
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Omega 3, Sinemet, Escitalopram, Bystolic, Lotrel, Simvastatin, Clonazepam, Vesicare for a 60-year old man with Incontinence, Age-related Hearing Loss, Parkinson's Disease, Depression, Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Sleep Disorder, Urgent Urination. The patient has Fatigue, Parkinsonian Gait, Tremor
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Onglyza, Crestor, Farxiga for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Swelling, Pain In Jaw, Nasal Congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Flonase, Fexofenadine Hydrochloride Allergy, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Pantoprazole, Buspirone Hcl, Hydrochlorothiazide, Clonazepam, Sertraline Hydrochloride for a 40-year old man with General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergies, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Dizziness, Fatigue, Sleepy
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Xanax for a 22-year old man with ADD, Anxiety. The patient has Stuffy Nose
Recent Fish oil related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Macrobid, Fish Oil for a 25-year old woman who has Antibiotic Level
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Concerta, Intuniv, Vyvanse, Adderall 20 for a 39-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, EPA/DHA Ethyl Ester for a 22-year old woman who has Birth Control
- Comparions of Flaxseed Oil, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 56-year old man who has Enzyme Supplementation
- Comparions of Fish Oil, Aspirin, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin C, Centrum Silver for a 72-year old man who has Vitamin D Decreased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.