Review: could Flagyl cause Acid reflux (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Acid reflux is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Prednisone, and have Bone lesion.
We study 9,852 people who have side effects while taking Flagyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Acid reflux. Find out below who they are, when they have Acid reflux and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flagyl and have Acid reflux >>>
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from 10,489 Flagyl users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,207 Acid reflux patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 9,851 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl. Among them, 22 people (0.22%) have Acid Reflux.
Time on Flagyl when people have Acid reflux * :
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Flagyl * :
|Acid reflux||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||44.44%||33.33% |
Severity of Acid reflux when taking Flagyl ** :
How people recovered from Acid reflux ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Bone lesion (10 people, 45.45%)
- Muscle spasms (10 people, 45.45%)
- Multiple myeloma (10 people, 45.45%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (10 people, 45.45%)
- Restless legs syndrome (10 people, 45.45%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prednisone (14 people, 63.64%)
- Ambien (14 people, 63.64%)
- Lexapro (13 people, 59.09%)
- Prevacid (13 people, 59.09%)
- Coumadin (12 people, 54.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Acid Reflux while taking Flagyl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flagyl and have Acid Reflux
- support group for people who take Flagyl
- support group for people who have Acid Reflux
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a 71-year old man with Infection. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 37-year old woman with Contraception, Depression. The patient has Asthma, Gerd, Cough
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Knee Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Paralysis, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Tendon Pain, Gerd, Vision Impairment, Coronary Artery Spasm, Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of side effects of Janumet for a 55-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Heartburn - Chronic
Recent Flagyl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.