Flagyl and Acid reflux - from FDA reports
Acid reflux is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Acid reflux with Flagyl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 15,305 people who have side effects when taking Flagyl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
15,305 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl.
Among them, 361 people (2.36%) have Acid reflux
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flagyl when people have Acid reflux *:
- < 1 month: 63.64 %
- 1 - 6 months: 9.09 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 27.27 %
Gender of people who have Acid reflux when taking Flagyl *:
- female: 73.73 %
- male: 26.27 %
Age of people who have Acid reflux when taking Flagyl *:
- 0-1: 0.75 %
- 2-9: 3.38 %
- 10-19: 0.75 %
- 20-29: 0.75 %
- 30-39: 9.77 %
- 40-49: 14.29 %
- 50-59: 30.83 %
- 60+: 39.47 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (61 people, 16.90%)
- Osteoporosis (49 people, 13.57%)
- Pain (46 people, 12.74%)
- Metastases To Bone (29 people, 8.03%)
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (28 people, 7.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (236 people, 65.37%)
- Aredia (196 people, 54.29%)
- Protonix (152 people, 42.11%)
- Prilosec (125 people, 34.63%)
- Ambien (125 people, 34.63%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Pain (265 people, 73.41%)
- Stress And Anxiety (251 people, 69.53%)
- Anaemia (212 people, 58.73%)
- Osteonecrosis Of Jaw (207 people, 57.34%)
- Pain In Jaw (179 people, 49.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Acid reflux when taking Flagyl?
- Check symptoms - is acid reflux caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsAcid reflux and drugs with ingredients of metronidazole.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeAcid reflux and Flagyl from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from Flagyl 16,343 users)
Acid reflux (stomach acids rise up) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood pressure (latest reports from 144,254 Acid reflux patients).
Browse all side effects of Flagyla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Acid refluxAcid reflux
Could your condition cause Acid refluxAcid reflux
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Last night I took excedrine migraine with flagyl, I woke up a couple hours later with severe abdominal pain, vomiting, a worsened headache, severe nausea, dizziness, vertigo, and I also couldn't walk straight, I was wobbly. It was also hard for me to stay awake. Biggest mistake of my life, I ...
User reviews to the study
I had taken antibiotic containing Amoxicyllin (2 times 3 days) in July 2016 for a Throat infection. I started having GERD symptoms from Oct-Nov 2016. Learnt from various forums that Amoxicyllin can cause GERD, hence wanted to know more on how to recover from it and want to know success stories.
Just to say since taking Nortriptyline I have had severe acid reflux and indigestion I tried Nexium but I had to stop taking them because of side effects and when I did stop it became a nightmare with rebound acid reflux so I now take gaviscon double action chewable tablets. I took nortriptyline ...
Age 65, have IBS-C with GERD since 1982. Now that I have serious pain issues and vicodin was reformulated into garbage, I am being told to take dilaudid which is causing the IBS to worsen, especially the GERD as I can control the constipation with Miralax and fiber.