Review: could Flagyl cause Colitis?
Summary: Colitis is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Preventive health care.
We study 9,852 people who have side effects while taking Flagyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 204 have Colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flagyl and have Colitis >>>
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from 10,489 Flagyl users)
Colitis (inflammation of colon) has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 15,681 Colitis patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 9,851 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl. Among them, 204 people (2.07%) have Colitis.
Time on Flagyl when people have Colitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Colitis when taking Flagyl * :
Severity of Colitis when taking Flagyl ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (50 people, 24.51%)
- Diverticulitis (39 people, 19.12%)
- Multiple myeloma (36 people, 17.65%)
- Colitis (30 people, 14.71%)
- Osteoarthritis (26 people, 12.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (53 people, 25.98%)
- Levaquin (48 people, 23.53%)
- Protonix (48 people, 23.53%)
- Ambien (46 people, 22.55%)
- Folic acid (41 people, 20.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flagyl and colitis on
Do you have Colitis while taking Flagyl?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flagyl and have Colitis
- support group for people who take Flagyl
- support group for people who have Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Flagyl related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cefaclor, Metronidazole, Doxycycline, Codeine, Ferrous Fumarate for a 46-year old woman who has Tubo-ovarian Abscess
- Comparions of Nitroglycerin, Aspirin, Flagyl, Atenolol, Simvastatin for a 36-year old woman who has Infection
- Comparions of Metronidazole, Mobic for a 62-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised
- Comparions of Hydroxyurea, Metronidazole for a 36-year old man who has Leukemia
- Comparions of Danazol, Flagyl for a 68-year old woman who has Postoperative Adhesion
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.