Home > Flagyl > Colitis > Flagyl and Colitis
Review: could Flagyl cause Colitis?
Summary: Colitis is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Prophylaxis.
We study 9,843 people who have side effects while taking Flagyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 204 have Colitis. Find out below who they are, when they have Colitis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flagyl and have Colitis >>>
Flagyl (latest outcomes from 10,482 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Colitis (inflammation of colon) (latest reports from 85,340 patients) has been reported by people with acne, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 9,843 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl. Among them, 204 people (2.07%) have Colitis.
Time on Flagyl when people have Colitis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Colitis when taking Flagyl * :
Severity of Colitis when taking Flagyl ** :
How people recovered from Colitis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Prophylaxis (50 people, 24.51%)
- Diverticulitis (39 people, 19.12%)
- Multiple myeloma (36 people, 17.65%)
- Colitis (30 people, 14.71%)
- Osteoarthritis (26 people, 12.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (53 people, 25.98%)
- Levaquin (48 people, 23.53%)
- Protonix (48 people, 23.53%)
- Ambien (46 people, 22.55%)
- Folic acid (41 people, 20.10%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Colitis while taking Flagyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flagyl and have Colitis
- support group for people who take Flagyl
- support group for people who have Colitis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Looking for other testimonies who have had more severe side effects than those listed from taking metronidazole & alcohol?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Nausea, Vomiting, Out Of Head As If Totally Drunk, and takes Metronidazole)
Had 4 beers over 4 hour period on last day of taking Metronidazole. Was vomiting & basically acting totally out of character as in wild & argumentative - similar to being bad drunk. Went to sleep & woke up with basically no memory of what happened.
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- Is high ck (702) related to parkinson's
(Asked by a 61 year old woman who has Colitis, Acid Reflux, Parkinson's, and takes Sinemet, Mirapex, Artane, Effexor, Pantoprazole, Aminosalicylic Acid)
High ck led to taking a statin as a prophylactic, which was discontinued when I had a normal angiogram one month later my ck is still high. It was 702, a month later it is 678. What should I do?
- How to cure isoniazid c dif colitis
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Diarrhea, Colitis, and takes Isoniazid, Probiotics, Pyridoxine (vitamin B6))
Developed c dif colitis 4.5 mos into inh tx also have cvid as well as systemic lupus and ankylosing spondylitis... What can they give me?
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
More questions for: Flagyl, Colitis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Flagl helped my depression
(Posted by a 72 year old man who has Depression - Chronic, and takes Flagyl)
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Too much sleep/sleeping past 12+ hours
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Too Much Sleep, and takes Flagyl)
Caused me to sleep and to the point where I slept 12+ hours and still didn't want to wake up
- Stevens johnson syndrome- flagyl for h.pylori
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Stevens-johnson Syndrome, and takes Flagyl)
Diagnosed with h.pylori with positive blood work and breath-test.
Started 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Flagyl .
On day 7, developed symptoms- large red 2inch hives on legs, extreme frontal headache , pressure behind eyes, pink eye, pain in eyes, sore throat, very slight fever and body ache. L ...
More reviews for: Flagyl, Colitis
- A study of side effects of Flagyl for a patient with Proctitis. The patient has Pain In The Left Side Abdomen,gas And A Need To Always Have A Bowel Movement
Comments: I was a smoker of marijuana and cigarettes for almost 8 years.. Sometimes I have blood in my stools, red blood traces in stools, a need to always have a bowel movement, cramps in my left side abdomen, bean like coffee beans in my stools,bad breath.. The doctor did a colonoscopy and found proctitis l ...
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a patient with Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Vaginitis Bacterial (inflammation of the vagina caused by bacterial infection)
Comments: After using the metronidazole gel for a week, I noticed I developed chelitis on my lips. I also noticed I had some acne breakouts and now I have something on my waistline that itches and hurts. I am afraid it is either herpes or shingles. not sure. during the BV I had a herpes break out on my bu ...
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Flagyl, Cipro for a patient with GERD, Diverticulitis. The patient has Tiredness, Mucous Stools, Stomach Discomfort
Comments: Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have celiacs disease also.
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a patient with Swollen Gums. The patient has Amoxicillin
Comments: I am type 2 diabetic on novomix 30 58ml morning before breakast and before dinner in the evening have had surgery to remove teeth and implants being given metronidazole 400mg 3 times a day plus amoxicillin 500mg 3 times a day blood sugar level this morning was 8.9 but has risen to 25.9 this evening ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diflucan, Flagyl for a patient with Yeast Infection - Vagina, Vaginitis Bacterial. The patient has Itching - Vaginal Area
Comments: I took diflucan and flagyl and am 6 days late on my period, is this common? Could i be pregnant, we are trying for a baby.
More related studies for: Flagyl, Colitis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.