Review: could Flagyl cause Drowsiness?
Summary: Drowsiness is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Pain.
We study 9,851 people who have side effects while taking Flagyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 142 have Drowsiness. Find out below who they are, when they have Drowsiness and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flagyl and have Drowsiness >>>
Flagyl has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial. (latest outcomes from 10,489 Flagyl users)
Drowsiness has been reported by people with depression, pain, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 69,918 Drowsiness patients)
On Mar, 27, 2015: 9,851 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl. Among them, 142 people (1.44%) have Drowsiness.
Time on Flagyl when people have Drowsiness * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Drowsiness when taking Flagyl * :
Severity of Drowsiness when taking Flagyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Drowsiness ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (18 people, 12.68%)
- Crohn's disease (15 people, 10.56%)
- Multiple myeloma (13 people, 9.15%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 6.34%)
- Prophylaxis (8 people, 5.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lasix (32 people, 22.54%)
- Pepcid (30 people, 21.13%)
- Bactrim (29 people, 20.42%)
- Ambien (26 people, 18.31%)
- Celexa (25 people, 17.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flagyl and drowsiness on
Do you have Drowsiness while taking Flagyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flagyl and have Drowsiness
- support group for people who take Flagyl
- support group for people who have Drowsiness
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Pristiq for a 33-year old woman with Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement), Sleepy, Irritability, Mania Aggravated (a state of abnormally elevated or irritable mood)
- A study of side effects of Seroquel Xr for a 41-year old woman with Bipolar Ii Disorder. The patient has Sleepy, Abdominal Pain, Headache (pain in head)
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day (excess sleeping during day time)
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Baclofen for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Alcohol Abuse. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
- A study of drug interactions between Antabuse, Clonidine, Strattera, Cymbalta, Abilify, Depakote for a 46-year old woman with Addiction, Hypertension, Add, Depression, Bipolar 1. The patient has Sleepiness - During The Day
Recent Flagyl related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.