Home > Flagyl > Drug withdrawal syndrome > Flagyl and Drug withdrawal syndrome
Review: could Flagyl cause Drug withdrawal syndrome?
Summary: Drug withdrawal syndrome is found among people who take Flagyl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prevacid, and have Pain.
We study 9,843 people who have side effects while taking Flagyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 47 have Drug withdrawal syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug withdrawal syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flagyl and have Drug withdrawal syndrome >>>
Flagyl (latest outcomes from 10,482 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Drug withdrawal syndrome
Drug withdrawal syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation) (latest reports from 150,245 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, ill-defined disorder, muscle spasticity.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 9,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl. Among them, 47 people (0.48%) have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome.
Time on Flagyl when people have Drug withdrawal syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Drug withdrawal syndrome when taking Flagyl * :
|Drug withdrawal syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||2.94%||11.76%||8.82%||8.82%||58.82%||8.82% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (18 people, 38.30%)
- Depression (3 people, 6.38%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (3 people, 6.38%)
- Constipation (3 people, 6.38%)
- Metastases to bone (3 people, 6.38%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prevacid (27 people, 57.45%)
- Ativan (27 people, 57.45%)
- Celebrex (24 people, 51.06%)
- Xanax (23 people, 48.94%)
- Phenergan (17 people, 36.17%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome while taking Flagyl?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flagyl and have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
- support group for people who take Flagyl
- support group for people who have Drug Withdrawal Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Looking for other testimonies who have had more severe side effects than those listed from taking metronidazole & alcohol?
(Asked by a 30 year old man who has Nausea, Vomiting, Out Of Head As If Totally Drunk, and takes Metronidazole)
Had 4 beers over 4 hour period on last day of taking Metronidazole. Was vomiting & basically acting totally out of character as in wild & argumentative - similar to being bad drunk. Went to sleep & woke up with basically no memory of what happened.
- I have pouchitis.is there any cure for it.antibiotics do not help.is there any chance that imuran will help or something else?help please!
(Asked by a 23 year old man who has Frequent Bowel Movements, Bloody Diarrhea, Paina, Grumbling Intestines, Lose Weight, and takes Ciprofloxacin, Imuran, Metronidazole)
Since I was 16 years old I strugle with Ulcerative Colitis.Year and a half ago my colon was removed.So, now I have J-pouch and it seems that colon removement caused severe pouchitis.When I use antibiotics it seems that everything is good,but when i stop using them ,everything gets even worse.
- Is anyone here being treated for h pylori?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Extreme Weight Loss, Heartburn, Flucuating Appetite, Ainexty, Phobias, Depression, and takes Metronidazole, Clarithromycin, Hydroxyzine, Lansoprazole)
Diagnosed with H-pylori and am challenged with pharmophobia (which is a phobia for taking any kind of medication in any form)also anxiety, and agoraphobia which extends to too many things such as driving, going out alone, chocolate, cherries and the list goes on. Can anyone tell me if they are or ha ...
- I used metrogel and now i have severe incontinence. i'm also on ant-depressants. please help
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Incontinence, and takes Metrogel-vaginal)
I went for a routine check up to my gynae and she noticed an inflammation or something and prescribed Metrogel. I followed the rules for hygiene and administered the gel. After the 5th day I developed this feeling of incontinence(urgently wanting to badly pee but just a few drops come out) I spoke t ...
- I am on the nexplanon since january the last two weeks i feel fluttering like my last two pregnancy... could i be pregnant ..if not what is it
(Asked by a 23 year old woman who has Blood Pressure Occasionally., and takes Valtrex, Clonazepam, Metronidazole)
I am feeling fluttering in my lower abdomen like the same butterfly feeling when I was pregnant with my two boys. Some morning I wake up nauseous but for the moat part there are no other side effects..
More questions for: Flagyl, Drug withdrawal syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Tingling feet and hands
(Posted by a 28 year old woman who has Tingling And Numbness In Feet, and takes Flagyl)
I have used flagyl 3 times and after stopping the use of this medication my feet and hands have became so tingly and itchy That its becoming unbearable.
- Flagl helped my depression
(Posted by a 72 year old man who has Depression - Chronic, and takes Flagyl)
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Too much sleep/sleeping past 12+ hours
(Posted by a 22 year old woman who has Too Much Sleep, and takes Flagyl)
Caused me to sleep and to the point where I slept 12+ hours and still didn't want to wake up
- Stevens johnson syndrome- flagyl for h.pylori
(Posted by a 50 year old woman who has Stevens-johnson Syndrome, and takes Flagyl)
Diagnosed with h.pylori with positive blood work and breath-test.
Started 7 day course of Amoxycillin and Flagyl .
On day 7, developed symptoms- large red 2inch hives on legs, extreme frontal headache , pressure behind eyes, pink eye, pain in eyes, sore throat, very slight fever and body ache. L ...
More reviews for: Flagyl, Drug withdrawal syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Saw Palmetto, Flaxseed Oil, Vitamin E, Glucosamine, Calcium Citrate, Multivitamin, Clotrimazole, Metronidazole, Pantoprazole, Tamsulosin, Zetia for a patient with benign Enlargement Of The Prostate, Health, Skin Flaking, Pain - Joints, Blood Calcium Increased, Fungus Ball, Rosacea, Gerd, Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Fungus Ball, Itching
Comments: It seems to me that the anal itching began shortly after I began taking Zetia. My doctor described it as caused by a fungus and prescribed Clotrimazole topical cream. He said to apply twice daily for one month, which I did. I am now into approximately month 3-4 and the itching continues. If I app ...
- A study of side effects of Suboxone for a patient with Opiate Withdrawal. The patient has Drug Withdrawal Syndrome (interfere with normal social, occupational, or other functioning. are not due to another medical condition, drug use, or discontinuation), Short-term Memory Loss, Obsessive-compulsive Disorder (an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry;), Violence-related Symptom, Theft, Sleep Disorder, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Carbohydrate Craving (a desire to have carbohydrate), Abnormal Loss Of Weight, Weight Above Normal
Comments: I had none of these symptoms before taking this medication. I was what was considered "Hyper" as a child but never even liked sweets before and now I crave candy bars and ice cream ect. It is now causing me to show signs of early diabetes. I often get confused and forget where I am going when I am d ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ciprofloxacin Hydrochloride, Metronidazole, Enoxaparin Sodium, Warfarin Sodium for a patient with Sepsis, Blood Thinner. The patient has Hoarseness
Comments: I have been in hospital for a week treated for septasemia due to ecoli getting into the blood stream.
They had me on a drip course of antibiotics as they thought at first it was salmonella however later found it was ecoli.
I am now home on two antibiotics..
Cifran. Ciprofloxacin 500mg. 28 ta ...
- A study of drug interactions between Xanax Xr, Cymbalta, Lamictal for a patient with Panic Attacks, Depression, Agitation. The patient has Balance Problems, Double Vision, Drug Withdrawal Syndrome, Withdrawal Weakness - Xanax, Severe Derpession- Xanax Withdrawal, Anger- Cymbalta Overdose, Racing Thoughts- Cymbalta Dosage Too High, Long-term Memory Loss, Sleeping Problems- Xanax Withdrawal, Depersonalisation, Crying Spells- Xanax Withdrawals, Drug Addiction
Comments: I have been on xanax for 3 years off and on. I was first put on the drug due to my panic attacks years ago. Yes, it was the only thing that helped at the time but let me tell you i wish i never was prescribed this evil drug. I started having strange sympotms almost a year and a half ago. Balance pro ...
- A study of drug interactions between Savella, Vicodin, Ortho Tri-cyclen 28, Vitamin C for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Pain Management, Birth Control. The patient has Tachycardia, Chest Pain, Anxiety, Hypertension, Drug Withdrawal Syndrome, Palpitations, Ophthalmoplegic Migraine
Comments: Given savella for fibromyalgia. It worked for a few months until I became suicidal and it didnt help my pain at all anymore. Taking Vicodin 5/500 2x a day for over a year to quell the severe nerve pain so I can function. Had ophthalmoplegic migraine, face was numb, as was L arm and leg, couldnt see ...
More related studies for: Flagyl, Drug withdrawal syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.