Review: could Flagyl cause Nausea?
(By eHealthMe on Feb, 22, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.4/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 9,772 people who take Flagyl. Among them, 992 have Nausea. See who they are, when they have Nausea and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Flagyl (latest outcomes from 10,449 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial, infection. Commonly reported side effects of Flagyl include fever, diarrhea, nausea, nausea aggravated, pain exacerbated.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,867,390 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, quit smoking, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Feb, 22, 2014: 9,422 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl. Among them, 992 people (10.53%) have Nausea.
Time on Flagyl when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Flagyl * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Flagyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (121 people, 12.20%)
- Crohn's disease (98 people, 9.88%)
- Multiple myeloma (89 people, 8.97%)
- Prophylaxis (71 people, 7.16%)
- Osteoporosis (41 people, 4.13%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (238 people, 23.99%)
- Zometa (228 people, 22.98%)
- Zofran (208 people, 20.97%)
- Aredia (196 people, 19.76%)
- Prednisone (192 people, 19.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Flagyl, Nausea
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Flagyl (metronidazole) is often used for vaginitis bacterial. Find out below the conditions Flagyl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Flagyl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Flagyl side effects from A to Z:
Browse Flagyl drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 months ago):
It is too many symptoms to list. The mentioned are the symptoms I have right now.
From this study (3 years ago):
Only taking Flagyl for 3 days and all of the above sypmtoms plus a metallic taste in my mouth started. Feel there was a reaction between Lexapro and Flagyl.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Flagyl, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Flagl helped my depression
After taking Flagl for two weeks (Two per day) My depression vanished. It is now three months since I had a depression episode. Thank God for the doctor who prescribed it he saved my life. Thank you Flagl
- Trying to figure out my diagnosis . no doctor can figure it out
I have been having these fainting spells since I was 12 .. It starts with lower abdominal pain followed by feeling light headed then I black out and my body shakes kind of like a seizure but last a few seconds then I come to ..then I feel nausea and also I have chills
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
More reviews for: Flagyl, Nausea
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flagyl, Azithromycin, Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Amoxicillin, Xenical, Chia Seed, R-lipoic Acid, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, A-Beta-Carotene, B Complex Vitamin, Ginkgo Biloba, Milk Thistle, Lutein, Quercetin-3-rutinoside, Rutin, Magnesium Malate, Spirulina Blue-green Algae, Curcumin, CoQ-10, Chanca Piedra, Ribose, Yam, Chlorella, Fluconazole, Vivitrol, Garlic, NAC, Natural DHEA, Zyrtec, Theo-dur, Olmetec for a patient with Candidiasis, Borreliosis, Helicobacter Pylori Antibody Positive, Central Obesity, Fatigue - Chronic, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cognitive Deterioration, Immune Response, Hot Flashes, Constipation, Pain, Hormone Level Abnormal, Allergy To Chemicals, Asthma, Hypertension. The patient has Pain - Joints (Joint pain), Disturbance In Attention, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Obesity, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Fatigue, Nausea, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Flagyl for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Vaginal Discharge. The patient has Nausea Aggravated, Agitated Depression, Heart Racing (Heart palpitations), Insomnia, Dry Mouth, Chest Pain, Negative Thoughts
More related studies for: Flagyl, Nausea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.