Review: could Flagyl cause Nausea?
We study 9,843 people who have side effects while taking Flagyl from FDA and social media. Among them, 1,032 have Nausea. Find out below who they are, when they have Nausea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Flagyl and have Nausea >>>
Flagyl (latest outcomes from 10,479 users) has active ingredients of metronidazole. It is often used in vaginitis bacterial.
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) (latest reports from 1,921,972 patients) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, quit smoking, depression, pain.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 9,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Flagyl. Among them, 1,032 people (10.49%) have Nausea.
Time on Flagyl when people have Nausea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Flagyl * :
Severity of Nausea when taking Flagyl ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Nausea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (125 people, 12.11%)
- Crohn's disease (99 people, 9.59%)
- Multiple myeloma (90 people, 8.72%)
- Prophylaxis (83 people, 8.04%)
- Diverticulitis (45 people, 4.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (247 people, 23.93%)
- Zometa (235 people, 22.77%)
- Zofran (211 people, 20.45%)
- Aredia (203 people, 19.67%)
- Prilosec (196 people, 18.99%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Nausea while taking Flagyl?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flagyl and have Nausea
- support group for people who take Flagyl
- support group for people who have Nausea
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Flagyl, Nausea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- Diagnosed with postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome after mirena
After getting the Mirena put in, I got really sick. I went home and got super dizzy, nauseous, and tired. I felt so sick and could barely function. I called the doctors office and they said it couldn't be from the Mirena. She said that I must have the flu. Well, I kept it in for a little while long ...
- Prednisone side effects
Took this for 6 days, tapering at the end to treat a rash caused by a spider bite. The heartburn started on day 1 but the other symptoms didn't begin until day 4. None we're severe but they weren't fun either. The blurred vision was worst.
More reviews for: Flagyl, Nausea
On eHealthMe, Flagyl (metronidazole) is often used for vaginitis bacterial. Find out below the conditions Flagyl is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Flagyl used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Flagyl, Azithromycin, Tetracycline Hydrochloride, Amoxicillin, Xenical, Chia Seed, R-lipoic Acid, Alpha - Lipoic Acid, A-Beta-Carotene, B Complex Vitamin, Ginkgo Biloba, Milk Thistle, Lutein, Quercetin-3-rutinoside, Rutin, Magnesium Malate, Spirulina Blue-green Algae, Curcumin, CoQ-10, Chanca Piedra, Ribose, Yam, Chlorella, Fluconazole, Vivitrol, Garlic, NAC, Natural DHEA, Zyrtec, Theo-dur, Olmetec for a patient with Candidiasis, Borreliosis, Helicobacter Pylori Antibody Positive, Central Obesity, Fatigue - Chronic, General Physical Health Deterioration, Cognitive Deterioration, Immune Response, Hot Flashes, Constipation, Pain, Hormone Level Abnormal, Allergy To Chemicals, Asthma, Hypertension. The patient has Pain - Joints, Disturbance In Attention, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Breathing Difficulty - Lying Down, Obesity, Frequent Or Urgent Urination, Fatigue, Nausea, Chest Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Lexapro, Flagyl for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Vaginal Discharge. The patient has Nausea Aggravated, Agitated Depression, Heart Racing, Insomnia, Dry Mouth, Chest Pain, Negative Thoughts
- A study of drug interactions between Doxycycline, Flagyl for a patient with Syphilis, Amoebiasis. The patient has Drowsiness
More related studies for: Flagyl, Nausea
Recent Flagyl related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Flagyl, Nausea
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.