Review: could Flecainide acetate cause Gerd (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Gerd is found among people who take Flecainide acetate, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Lung neoplasm malignant.
We study 3,533 people who have side effects while taking Flecainide acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 8 have Gerd. Find out below who they are, when they have Gerd and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Gerd >>>
Flecainide acetate has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 3,811 Flecainide acetate users)
Gerd (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, high blood cholesterol, pain. (latest reports from 19,208 Gerd patients)
On Mar, 21, 2015: 3,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Flecainide acetate. Among them, 8 people (0.23%) have Gerd.
Time on Flecainide acetate when people have Gerd * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Gerd when taking Flecainide acetate * :
Age of people who have Gerd when taking Flecainide acetate * :
Severity of Gerd when taking Flecainide acetate ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Gerd ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Lung neoplasm malignant (4 people, 50.00%)
- Svt (1 people, 12.50%)
- Heartburn - chronic (1 people, 12.50%)
- Atrial flutter (1 people, 12.50%)
- Vaginal abscess (1 people, 12.50%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (6 people, 75.00%)
- Plavix (4 people, 50.00%)
- Gemcitabine (4 people, 50.00%)
- Enoxaparin sodium (4 people, 50.00%)
- Dexamethasone (4 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flecainide acetate and gerd on
Do you have Gerd while taking Flecainide Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Gerd
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate
- support group for people who have Gerd
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Amlodipine, Lansoprazole for a 57-year old man with Blood Pressure Increased, Acid Reflux. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Stomach Pain, Headache, Acid Reflux
- A study of drug interactions between Crestor, Synthroid, Ranitidine, Singulair, Zoloft, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Victoza, Metformin for a 65-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Thyroid Disorder, Acid Reflux, Asthma, Anxiety Disorder, Gerd, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Stomach Pain, Gerd, Cough
- A study of drug interactions between Methylcobalamin, Adenosylcobalamin, Methylfolate, Nasacort, Claritin for a 33-year old woman with Enzyme Supplementation, Folate Deficiency, Sinus Congestion, Allergies. The patient has Heartburn - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 20-year old woman with Depression. The patient has Non-cardiac Chest Pain, Food Intolerance, Rapid Heart Beat
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
Recent Flecainide acetate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Dopar, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Azilect, Flecainide Acetate for a 61-year old man who has Parkinsons, Heart Arrhythmics, Anxiety
- Comparions of TIKOSYN, Sotalol Hydrochloride, FLECAINIDE ACETATE for a 37-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Naproxen, Flecainide Acetate for a 46-year old woman who has Tachycardia
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Metoprolol Succinate for a 68-year old woman who has PVCs
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.