Home > Flecainide acetate > Sudden death > Flecainide acetate and Sudden death
Review: could Flecainide acetate cause Sudden death (Death)?
Summary: Sudden death is found among people who take Flecainide acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 3,530 people who have side effects while taking Flecainide acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Sudden death >>>
Flecainide acetate (latest outcomes from 3,808 users) has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Sudden death (latest reports from 546,449 patients)
On Oct, 29, 2014: 3,529 people reported to have side effects when taking Flecainide acetate. Among them, 44 people (1.25%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Flecainide acetate when people have Sudden death * :
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Sudden death||52.38%||47.62% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Sudden death||3.23%||0.00%||0.00%||12.90%||0.00%||6.45%||3.23%||74.19% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 13.64%)
- Pulmonary valve replacement (3 people, 6.82%)
- Thrombocytopenia (2 people, 4.55%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (2 people, 4.55%)
- Depression (2 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (10 people, 22.73%)
- Coumadin (9 people, 20.45%)
- Digoxin (8 people, 18.18%)
- Nexium (7 people, 15.91%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Death while taking Flecainide Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Sudden Death
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate
- support group for people who have Sudden Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can flecanide cause leg pain
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has Been Taking Flecanide For 5 Months All Of Sudden Got Pain In Lower Front Leg Could This Cause It, and takes Flecainide Acetate)
I was not told by dr of this type of side effect I have been active
- What reactions do you have from flecainide metopralol
(Asked by a 68 year old woman who has Mouth Sores, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Metoprolol Succinate )
Since taking these 2 drugs I have had intermittent periods of acidy mouth with accompanying sores on my tongue. I also have periods of nightmares on a regular basic. I am taking these drugs because I have PVCs that were making me feel weak. I no longer have those problems but now have these others. ...
- Does flecainide cause bad dreams
(Asked by a 73 year old man who has Bad Dreams, and takes Flecainide Acetate)
I have been taking Flecainide for A.Fib and flutter for a year and a half and it is working extremely well in controlling those problems. However, I seem to have more bad dreams than before I started taking Flecainide. I am wondering if others have experienced the same problem. I also take metrp ...
- I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
(Asked by a 58 year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter, Gout, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Allopurinol, Aspirin)
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
- Does bisoprolol make you tired?
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Bisoprodol Fumarate, Warfarin Sodium)
I am very tired and have noticed increased ringing in my ears and flashing lights in my vision.is this due to side effects of drugs...
More questions for: Flecainide acetate, Sudden death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity
(Posted by a 40 year old man who has Death, and takes Oxymorphone Hydrochloride)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribe ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Flecanide caused high blood pressure
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Hypertension, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Aspirin, Crestor)
After two months of taking 100 +100 mg Flecanide, blood pressure increased to 150 /95
BP is coming back to normal after reducing dosage to 50+50 mg per day
Will meet my doctor to discuss if flecanide could be replaced
More reviews for: Flecainide acetate, Sudden death
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: Tingling in Right arm and Leg. 50% Loss of Push Strength on right arm. Been on Flecainide for over 2 years.
- A study of drug interactions between Xyzal, Klonopin, Zantac 150, Protonix, Corgard, Flecainide Acetate for a patient with Headache, Stress And Anxiety, Lpr, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Lpr
Comments: 50% better
- A study of side effects of Seasonique for a patient with No Periods. The patient has Death
Comments: she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- A study of drug interactions between Slo-Niacin, Flecainide Acetate for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Atrial Fibrillation/flutter. The patient has Erection Problems
Comments: Erection happens but does not get fully hard and dissipates very quickly. Has gotten more obvious over the past 5 yrs.
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Magnesium, Multivitamin, Paxil, Glimepiride, Lovastatin, Metformin, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Doxycycline for a patient with Health, Stress And Anxiety, Diabetes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Hypertension, Coughing Up Blood. The patient has Death, Swelling
Comments: My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
More related studies for: Flecainide acetate, Sudden death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Hashimoto's Disease and Molar Pregnancy
- Headache and Minoxidil
- Hepatic Cirrhosis and Hypercapnia
- Maxalt and Hair Loss
- Myrbetriq and Hyponatraemia
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (20 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (1 day ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (16 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (19 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (24 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Depo-provera, Metadate Cd for a 20-year old woman who has Birth Control, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (5 minutes ago)
- Orsythia for a 21-year old woman who has Pregnancy On Oral Contraceptive (54 minutes ago)
- Lorazepam, Hydroxyzine, Risperidone for a 17-year old boy who has Anxiety Disorder, Tourette Syndrome (1 hour ago)
- Dexilant, Crestor, Metoprolol Succinate, Lisinopril, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Clopidogrel for a 44-year old man who has Acid Reflux, Blood Cholesterol Decreased, Blood Pressure Systolic Decreased, Blood Pressure Decreased, Heart Disease, Blood Thinner (2 hours ago)
- Maxalt for a 46-year old woman who has Migraine - Classic (2 hours ago)