Review: could Flecainide acetate cause Sudden death (Death)?
Summary: Sudden death is found among people who take Flecainide acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 3,530 people who have side effects while taking Flecainide acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Sudden death >>>
Flecainide acetate has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from Flecainide acetate 3,810 users)
Sudden death (latest reports from Sudden death 177,349 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 3,530 people reported to have side effects when taking Flecainide acetate. Among them, 44 people (1.25%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Flecainide acetate when people have Sudden death * :
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Sudden death||52.38%||47.62% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Sudden death||3.23%||0.00%||0.00%||12.90%||0.00%||6.45%||3.23%||74.19% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 13.64%)
- Pulmonary valve replacement (3 people, 6.82%)
- Thrombocytopenia (2 people, 4.55%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (2 people, 4.55%)
- Depression (2 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (10 people, 22.73%)
- Coumadin (9 people, 20.45%)
- Digoxin (8 people, 18.18%)
- Nexium (7 people, 15.91%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Death while taking Flecainide Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Sudden Death
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate
- support group for people who have Sudden Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can flecanide cause leg pain
I was not told by dr of this type of side effect I have been active
- What reactions do you have from flecainide metopralol
Since taking these 2 drugs I have had intermittent periods of acidy mouth with accompanying sores on my tongue. I also have periods of nightmares on a regular basic. I am taking these drugs because I have PVCs that were making me feel weak. I no longer have those problems but now have these others.
- Does flecainide cause bad dreams (1 answer)
I have been taking Flecainide for A.Fib and flutter for a year and a half and it is working extremely well in controlling those problems. However, I seem to have more bad dreams than before I started taking Flecainide. I am wondering if others have experienced the same problem. I also take metrprolol, losartan and a water pill for high blood pressure. I take levothyroxine for low Thyroid. I am 72 years old and have not other significant health issues other than the A.Fib. and controlled high blood pressure.
- I take flecainide for af.can i take glucosamine & chondroitin ( msm) to treat back pain
Can I take the flecainide for the AF and the MSM joint formula for back pain without adverse effects
- Does bisoprolol make you tired? (1 answer)
I am very tired and have noticed increased ringing in my ears and flashing lights in my vision.is this due to side effects of drugs...
More questions for: Flecainide acetate, Sudden death
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Oxymorphone & amphetamine toxicity (1 response)
My 38 year old husband died in October. Toxicology and autopsy results showed the cause of death to be 'Oxymorphone & Amphetamine Toxicity'. Levels were at the high end of what is conssidered a 'therapeutic dose level', especially since he had developed a tolerance. He was prescribed both Adderrall and Opana by the same doctor, and had been taking both successfully and as directed for some time. Autopsy indicated he was otherwise healthy.
I've lost my husband to this toxic combination. He went to bed; I awoke to life without my best friend. Please be aware of potentially fatal prescription combinations. Discuss these with your Dr. or pharmacist. Do the research, watch for side effects, voice your concerns - it could save a life.
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
- Flecanide caused high blood pressure
After two months of taking 100 +100 mg Flecanide, blood pressure increased to 150 /95
BP is coming back to normal after reducing dosage to 50+50 mg per day
Will meet my doctor to discuss if flecanide could be replaced
More reviews for: Flecainide acetate, Sudden death
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- she took seasonique for about 10 days, felt ill...then cramps, abdominal pain, vomiting; needed help walking to and from bathroom; assisted to bed. Seemed disoriented, no fever; told her we were going to the doctor's in the morning....when I went to her room she was dead. I am her father....
- My wife took these meds one morning, then that evening she took the Doxycycline and around 05:00 hours the next morning her throat started closing and she Called Kaiser Permanente, getting the answering service. After describing her symptom,which kept getting progressively worse, the medical profes ...
- I was recently treated for a urinary track infection with amoxicillin for 7 days. The urine color and symptoms seem normal now. But, when I ejaculate, it comes out blood red. This has never happened to me.
Three months ago, I had an ablasion procedure to remove atrial flutter. I have been on ...
- Taken be four 4 years of age prior to heart procedure to remove extra receptors from ventricles. Patient ended up needing to take special education classes and is currently incapable of living on own.
- My brother had MRSA and the nursing home was giving him Prednisone for Asthma. I know that Prednisone lowers the bodies amune system and what have allowed the MRSA to flourish. Is this true because when i told the staff of what i have discovered about this one medication they had been giving him for ...
More related studies for: Flecainide acetate, Sudden death
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.