Review: could Flecainide acetate cause Sudden death (Death)?
Summary: Sudden death is found among people who take Flecainide acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 3,533 people who have side effects while taking Flecainide acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 44 have Sudden death. Find out below who they are, when they have Sudden death and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Sudden death >>>
Flecainide acetate has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 3,811 Flecainide acetate users)
Sudden death (latest reports from 177,491 Sudden death patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 3,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Flecainide acetate. Among them, 44 people (1.25%) have Sudden Death.
Time on Flecainide acetate when people have Sudden death * :
Gender of people who have Sudden death when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Sudden death||52.38%||47.62% |
Age of people who have Sudden death when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Sudden death||3.23%||0.00%||0.00%||12.90%||0.00%||6.45%||3.23%||74.19% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (6 people, 13.64%)
- Pulmonary valve replacement (3 people, 6.82%)
- Thrombocytopenia (2 people, 4.55%)
- Pulmonary arterial hypertension (2 people, 4.55%)
- Depression (2 people, 4.55%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (10 people, 22.73%)
- Coumadin (9 people, 20.45%)
- Digoxin (8 people, 18.18%)
- Nexium (7 people, 15.91%)
- Prevacid (6 people, 13.64%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Sudden Death while taking Flecainide Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Sudden Death
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate
- support group for people who have Sudden Death
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Flecainide acetate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Dopar, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Azilect, Flecainide Acetate for a 61-year old man who has Parkinsons, Heart Arrhythmics, Anxiety
- Comparions of TIKOSYN, Sotalol Hydrochloride, FLECAINIDE ACETATE for a 37-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Naproxen, Flecainide Acetate for a 46-year old woman who has Tachycardia
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Metoprolol Succinate for a 68-year old woman who has PVCs
- Comparions of Adipex-p, Xanax, Flecainide Acetate, Coreg for a 36-year old woman who has High Blood Pressure
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.