Home > Flecainide acetate > Underactive thyroid > Flecainide acetate and Underactive thyroid
Review: could Flecainide acetate cause Underactive thyroid (Hypothyroidism)?
Summary: Underactive thyroid is found among people who take Flecainide acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Cordarone, and have Atrial fibrillation.
We study 3,530 people who have side effects while taking Flecainide acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Underactive thyroid. Find out below who they are, when they have Underactive thyroid and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Underactive thyroid >>>
Flecainide acetate (latest outcomes from 3,808 users) has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter.
Underactive thyroid (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) (latest reports from 129,604 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, hypothyroidism, depression.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 3,529 people reported to have side effects when taking Flecainide acetate. Among them, 15 people (0.43%) have Underactive Thyroid.
Time on Flecainide acetate when people have Underactive thyroid * :
Gender of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Underactive thyroid||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||62.50% |
Severity of Underactive thyroid when taking Flecainide acetate ** :
How people recovered from Underactive thyroid ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 26.67%)
- Depression (2 people, 13.33%)
- Foetal arrhythmia (1 people, 6.67%)
- Macular degeneration (1 people, 6.67%)
- Supraventricular tachycardia (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cordarone (5 people, 33.33%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 20.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (2 people, 13.33%)
- Aldactone (2 people, 13.33%)
- Ranitidine hydrochloride (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Underactive Thyroid while taking Flecainide Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Underactive Thyroid
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is it okay to take co enzyme q 10 with levothyroxine
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Is it okay to take Co Enzyme Q10 with Lovothyroxine. Will it stop my Levothyroxine from working properly. I am also on Simvastaton. Would appreciate any advice on this.
- Omeprazole or pantoprazole?
(Asked by a 39 year old woman who has Hormone Level Nos Abnormal, Hypothyroidism, Tinnitus, Migraine With Aura, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Insomnia, Ulcer - Stomach, and takes Lasix, Topamax, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Inderal, Pantoprazole)
I take an oral contraceptive, Diane-35 ED, which is not in the list of drugs to choose from on this site.
Recently, the medication I was taking for my stomach ulcer (Omeprazole) became unavailable in my country of residence and was replaced by Patoprazole. I started taking it yesterday morning a ...
- Has anyone been prescribed methotrexate for granuloma annulare?
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, Granuloma Annulare, and takes Topamax, Calcium , Vitamin D, Zetia, Effexor Xr, Levoxyl)
I have had GA for 2 years now, however it has gotten progressively worse the past 6 months. It has now spread over 80% of my body. I am seeing an Endocrinologist next week as I believe my thyroid may play a big role in this. My Regular Dr. suggested I speak to Endocrinologist about a drug called Met ...
- I have been on armour 8 days started at 1 grain after having been on 88 mcg synthroid.
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Armour Thyroid)
Was on 88mcg synthroid. Test was 4.75 tsh and low t3 3.3. Switched 8 days ago to 1 grain armour and now feel shaky. Pulse 90. Had diarrhea and vomiting last night at 1 in am. Is it working too fast? Felt good earlier in week and slept all night for first time in months.
- Can flecanide cause leg pain
(Asked by a 79 year old man who has Been Taking Flecanide For 5 Months All Of Sudden Got Pain In Lower Front Leg Could This Cause It, and takes Flecainide Acetate)
I was not told by dr of this type of side effect I have been active
More questions for: Flecainide acetate, Underactive thyroid
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Shortness of breath after taking levothyroxine for 8-10 yrs.
(Posted by a 38 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
I have been experiencing shortness of breath lately when taking the levothyroxine. If I stop taking it for a couple of days my shortness of breath is pretty much gone.
- My memory loss due to omeprazole
(Posted by a 70 year old woman who has Hypothyroidism, and takes Omeprazole)
I took omeprazole for 20 years until I developed edema of the lower extremities. I started having memory problems right away and they still persist even though I have not taken omeprazole now for about 6 yrs. I am hoping it will dissipate or clear my system. I do not have a constant memory proble ...
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
(Posted by a 60 year old man who has Chest Pain, Stomach Pain, and takes Flecainide Acetate, Pradaxa, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this wa ...
- Lipitor bad reaction
(Posted by a 63 year old woman who has Severe Migraine, Hypothyroidism, and takes Lipitor)
I was on lipitor for 5 years started at 10mg and the headaches started. At 5 years on I was up to 80mg and had severe migraines every day. Was also diagnosed with hypothyroidism and given synthroid. Also had a prescription for migraine meds that did nothing. My daughter found out she and her kids ha ...
- I'm curing my lichen sclerosis
(Posted by a 67 year old woman who has Lichen Sclerosus, Hypothyroidism, and takes Prempro, Activella, Clobetasol Propionate, Cipro, Vagifem)
I took Prempro for about 5 years and then Activella for about 3 years for Menopausal symptoms. My first obvious symptoms of a problem began in 2005 which follow all the classic symptoms of Lichen. I spent thousands on Urology exams, tests, and surgical procedures. And thousands on Gynecological atte ...
More reviews for: Flecainide acetate, Underactive thyroid
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Vitamin D, Fish Oil, Pantoprazole, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen for a patient with Supplement, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Vitamin B-12 Level, Acid Reflux, Pain In Limb. The patient has Hypothyroidism
Comments: I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in Sept. 2012 after 6 yrs. of taking Tramadol 50mg. I had gotten it under control using Red Yeast Rice 200mg 3 times a day, Niacin, and Multi-vitamin with iodine. I was told to eat more fish and add iodized salt to my diet which I had done. Then after starting t ...
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a patient with Atrial Fibrillation. The patient has Numbness And Tingling (unusual prickling sensations)
Comments: Tingling in Right arm and Leg. 50% Loss of Push Strength on right arm. Been on Flecainide for over 2 years.
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Glipizide, Metformin for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent. The patient has Low Thyroid
Comments: I need to find a medicine in replace of my metforminso it doesn't affect my thyroid.
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Tamsulosin, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Methadone Hydrochloride Intensol for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Prostate Examination Abnormal, Thyroid Disorder, Heroin Abuse. The patient has Low Thyroid, Heroin Abuse
Comments: have been on this drug since early 70"s. have not used since 1989. stayed on methadone for my security.
- A study of drug interactions between Xyzal, Klonopin, Zantac 150, Protonix, Corgard, Flecainide Acetate for a patient with Headache, Stress And Anxiety, Lpr, Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction). The patient has Pvc (premature Ventricular Contraction), Lpr
Comments: 50% better
More related studies for: Flecainide acetate, Underactive thyroid
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.