Review: could Flecainide acetate cause Underactive thyroid (Hypothyroidism)?
Summary: Underactive thyroid is found among people who take Flecainide acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Cordarone, and have Atrial fibrillation/flutter.
We study 3,536 people who have side effects while taking Flecainide acetate from FDA and social media. Among them, 15 have Underactive thyroid. Find out below who they are, when they have Underactive thyroid and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Underactive thyroid >>>
Flecainide acetate has active ingredients of flecainide acetate. It is often used in atrial fibrillation/flutter. (latest outcomes from 3,814 Flecainide acetate users)
Underactive thyroid (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, hypothyroidism, depression. (latest reports from 49,670 Underactive thyroid patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 3,533 people reported to have side effects when taking Flecainide acetate. Among them, 15 people (0.42%) have Underactive Thyroid.
Time on Flecainide acetate when people have Underactive thyroid * :
Gender of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Underactive thyroid||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Underactive thyroid when taking Flecainide acetate * :
|Underactive thyroid||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||12.50%||62.50% |
Severity of Underactive thyroid when taking Flecainide acetate ** :
How people recovered from Underactive thyroid ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (4 people, 26.67%)
- Depression (2 people, 13.33%)
- Foetal arrhythmia (1 people, 6.67%)
- Macular degeneration (1 people, 6.67%)
- Supraventricular tachycardia (1 people, 6.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cordarone (5 people, 33.33%)
- Omeprazole (3 people, 20.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (2 people, 13.33%)
- Aldactone (2 people, 13.33%)
- Ranitidine hydrochloride (2 people, 13.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Underactive Thyroid while taking Flecainide Acetate?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate and have Underactive Thyroid
- support group for people who take Flecainide acetate
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Cialis, Prilosec, Toprol-xl, Tambocor, Allegra, Lotensin for a 70-year old man with Erectile Dysfunction, Gerd, Hypertensive Cardiomegaly, Hypertension, Allergic Cough. The patient has Leukocytosis, Anemia
- A study of drug interactions between Flecainide Acetate, Mirtazapine, Duloxetine Hydrochloride for a 54-year old woman with Ectopic Heartbeat, Depression.
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a 54-year old woman with Irregular Heartbeat. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated
- A study of side effects of Flecainide Acetate for a 55-year old man with Ventricular Extrasystoles. The patient has Arthritis
- A study of side effects of Lithium Carbonate for a 67-year old woman with Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Dry Mouth, Weight Gain, Sleepiness - During The Day
Recent Flecainide acetate related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Diltiazem Hydrochloride, Eliquis, Lipitor, Zoloft for a 56-year old woman who has Blood Pressure Fluctuation
- Comparions of Flecainide Acetate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Hydrocodone Compound, Haloperidol, Ativan for a 94-year old woman who has Dementia
- Comparions of Dopar, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Azilect, Flecainide Acetate for a 61-year old man who has Parkinsons, Heart Arrhythmics, Anxiety
- Comparions of TIKOSYN, Sotalol Hydrochloride, FLECAINIDE ACETATE for a 37-year old woman who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Naproxen, Flecainide Acetate for a 46-year old woman who has Tachycardia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.