Flexeril and A-fib - from FDA reports
A-fib is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have A-fib with Flexeril. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 24,193 people who have side effects when taking Flexeril from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 23, 2017
24,193 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril.
Among them, 338 people (1.4%) have A-fib
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flexeril when people have A-fib *:
- < 1 month: 62.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 12.5 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Flexeril *:
- female: 59.94 %
- male: 40.06 %
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Flexeril *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.71 %
- 30-39: 2.49 %
- 40-49: 4.27 %
- 50-59: 21.71 %
- 60+: 70.82 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (39 people, 11.54%)
- Osteoporosis (26 people, 7.69%)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (25 people, 7.40%)
- Stress And Anxiety (23 people, 6.80%)
- Diabetes (13 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (128 people, 37.87%)
- Coumadin (79 people, 23.37%)
- Nexium (75 people, 22.19%)
- Prilosec (73 people, 21.60%)
- Digoxin (68 people, 20.12%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (103 people, 30.47%)
- Pneumonia (94 people, 27.81%)
- Chest Pain (94 people, 27.81%)
- Breathing Difficulty (94 people, 27.81%)
- Fatigue (89 people, 26.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib when taking Flexeril?
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from Flexeril 26,613 users)
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) has been reported by people with atrial fibrillation/flutter, high blood pressure, diabetes, multiple myeloma, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 174,355 A-fib patients).