Home > Flexeril > Dystonia > Flexeril and Dystonia
Review: could Flexeril cause Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow)?
Summary: Dystonia is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metoclopramide, and have Depression.
We study 14,459 people who have side effects while taking Flexeril from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Dystonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dystonia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flexeril and have Dystonia >>>
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,437 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms.
Dystonia (abnormal muscle tone) (latest reports from 16,222 patients) has been reported by people with indigestion, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, psychotic disorder.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 14,459 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril. Among them, 38 people (0.26%) have Dystonia.
Time on Flexeril when people have Dystonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dystonia when taking Flexeril * :
Age of people who have Dystonia when taking Flexeril * :
Severity of Dystonia when taking Flexeril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dystonia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (5 people, 13.16%)
- Nausea (4 people, 10.53%)
- Headache (3 people, 7.89%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (3 people, 7.89%)
- Spasticity (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoclopramide (12 people, 31.58%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 21.05%)
- Prozac (8 people, 21.05%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 18.42%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 18.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Dystonia while taking Flexeril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flexeril and have Dystonia
- support group for people who take Flexeril
- support group for people who have Dystonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Why would i get copd since i never smoked?
(Asked by a 62 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, PBC, AIH, Asthma, and takes Vitamin D, Calcium Carbonate, Anturol, Morphine Sulfate, Levothyroxine Sodium, Pyridium, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Azathioprine, Proair Hfa, Advair Diskus 250/50, Combivent)
I have several autoimmune disorders, I was shocked to get the COPD diagnosis since I have never smoked but I had second hand smoke first 23 years of my life.
My doctor said my Autoimmune Hepatitis and Primary Biliary Cholingitis set me up for COPD.
- I cannot get a direct answer from any of my drs.,is my sciatic pain caused by my interstitail cystitus?
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has Prolapse Heart Valve/murmor, Sciatica, Interstitail Cystitus,, and takes Hydroxyzine, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Estradiol )
I have had interstitail cystitus for almost four years now.I have been on every kind of drug,other than pain pills.I will not take them,I don't believe in them they only mask the problem and cause addiction.of course,just my belief.I have had d.s.m.o. repetitively for first year and a half twice a w ...
- Can raynauds syndrome cause moderate neuraopathy?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Cervical Fusion, Moderate Neuropathy, Raynauds Syndrome, and takes Flexeril)
I have been diagnosed with moderate neuropathy. After multiple blood tests and diabetes testing, the doctor concluded that the cause of the neuropathy is unknown, possible genetic. In talking with my family, I cannot identify anyone who has/had this diagnosis. I am receiving no treatment at this tim ...
- Can rituxan cause bipolar disorder?
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, and takes Depakote, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Hydromorphone Hydrochloride, Abilify)
recently started rituxan. Now have bipolar disorder. Could there be any connection?
- Can flexiral withdraw cause angina? also notice when it's time for a bowel movement
(Asked by a 59 year old woman who has Chest And Left Arm Neck And Jaw Pain, and takes Flexeril, Lisinopril)
I've had a resent (2 weeks ago) stress and nucular scan with no sign of heart attack. Also I get this feeling occasionally before a bowel movement
More questions for: Flexeril, Dystonia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I wish i had never taken ambien
(Posted by a 43 year old woman who has Fibromyalgia, and takes Savella, Lyrica, Synthroid, Effexor, Tramadol, Duragesic-50, Flexeril, Ambien)
Ambien was prescribed after my sleep study showed severe sleep latency and awakening. In the five hours I slept I woke 85 times and had only 5 minutes of deep sleep. However, the doctors couldn't make a recommendation because they could detect no cause for the poor sleep pattern. My doctor offered A ...
- Post herpetic analgia
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Dystonia, Reflex Sympathy Dystrophy)
I am 47 and had shingles last yr in May on my neck (very small amount of rash) - I wasn't treated for it until 3 months later...it is now Oct. of 2013 and for the past 8 months I have had debilitating rt side flank pain and a UTI. I am on my 4th Dr, 7th antibiotic, had 2 CT Scans, camera in my blad ...
- Savella & synthroid hell!
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has Hypermetanephrinemia, Insomnia, Palpitations, Hyperhidrosis, and takes Flexeril, Dilaudid, Morphine Sulfate, Fentanyl, Synthroid, Savella)
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
More reviews for: Flexeril, Dystonia
- A study of drug interactions between Clonazepam, Hydrocortone for a patient with Periodic Limb Movement Disorder. The patient has Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable
Comments: Coincided with diagnosis of Idiopathic Peripheral and Autonomic Neuropathy. Recent EMG/NCS showed progression of disease and inclusion of motor neurons (new symptom). CPAP has occasionally (1-2 nights per month) shown episodes of Periodic Breathing (Shy-Drager Syndrome). Is this likely caused by H ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
Comments: Naprosyn, Vicodin, Ativan and Prilosec are taken only on an as needed basis. Some of my symptoms are intermittent, and some are chronic. The though the medications may not completely rid me of a symptom (for example, depression or muscle pain), they do improve my condition enough to warrant their co ...
- A study of side effects of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a patient with Back Pain. The patient has Itchy Rash Or Hives, Eczema
Comments: The only new medication I started using was the Cyclobenzaprine prescribed by my doctor after I told her about my back pain on June 29 I noticed one red patch on my stomach area that looked like ringworm or something then a few days later I got more of them on my stomach, side and chest area it star ...
- A study of drug interactions between Carafate, Motrin, Omeprazole, Hydrochlorothiazide, Ambien, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Celexa for a patient with Ulcer - Peptic, Pain, Esophagitis, Potassium - High, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Fatigue, Potassium - High, Bone - Broken, Bladder Neck Obstruction, Esophagitis, Pain, Leg Cramps, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I had two unexplained broken bones within a one year period.
Weak urine stream with intermittent breaks.
High potassium level readings. First: 6.2 Second 5.2
When diagnosed at ER with esophagitis was also suspected to have peptic ulcers due to stress.
More related studies for: Flexeril, Dystonia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.