Review: could Flexeril cause Dystonia (Movement - uncontrolled or slow)?
Summary: Dystonia is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Metoclopramide, and have Depression.
We study 14,477 people who have side effects while taking Flexeril from FDA and social media. Among them, 38 have Dystonia. Find out below who they are, when they have Dystonia and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flexeril and have Dystonia >>>
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 16,458 Flexeril users)
Dystonia (abnormal muscle tone) has been reported by people with indigestion, depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, psychotic disorder. (latest reports from 16,239 Dystonia patients)
On Mar, 20, 2015: 14,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril. Among them, 38 people (0.26%) have Dystonia.
Time on Flexeril when people have Dystonia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Dystonia when taking Flexeril * :
Age of people who have Dystonia when taking Flexeril * :
Severity of Dystonia when taking Flexeril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Dystonia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (5 people, 13.16%)
- Nausea (4 people, 10.53%)
- Headache (3 people, 7.89%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (3 people, 7.89%)
- Spasticity (2 people, 5.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Metoclopramide (12 people, 31.58%)
- Klonopin (8 people, 21.05%)
- Prozac (8 people, 21.05%)
- Synthroid (7 people, 18.42%)
- Lisinopril (7 people, 18.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flexeril and dystonia on
Do you have Dystonia while taking Flexeril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flexeril and have Dystonia
- support group for people who take Flexeril
- support group for people who have Dystonia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Zofran for a 36-year old woman with Morning Sickness. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Movements - Inability To Perform Certain Tasks (disorder that affects a person's ability to organize the movements of the muscles used in speech), Movement - Unpredictable Or Jerky, Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow, Gait Abnormalities
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron Hydrochloride And Dextrose In Plastic Container, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Probiotic, Dexilant for a 40-year old woman with Nausea, Tension Headache, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Hypothyroidism, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Gerd. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Coenzyme Q10, Selenium, Aspirin, Flexeril, Dilaudid, Xalatan, Zolpidem, Cymbalta, Clonidine for a 58-year old woman with Vitamin D Abnormal, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Muscle Tightness, Pain - Back, Intraocular Pressure Test Abnormal, Insomnia, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Prozac, Suboxone, Topamax for a 39-year old woman with Pain, Depression, Withdrawal From Opioids, Migraine - Classic. The patient has Nerve Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Pulmonary Embolism, Neck Swelling, Neck Stiffness, Stuttering, Pain - Back, Arm And Leg Movements - Uncontrollable, Cramps - Leg, Low Temp Fever For 3 Months, Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Tia
Recent Flexeril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.