Review: could Flexeril cause Headache?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 5, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.6/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 13,605 people who take Flexeril. Among them, 1,293 have Headache. See who they are, when they have Headache and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Flexeril (latest outcomes from 16,348 users) has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms, back pain - low. Commonly reported side effects of Flexeril include pain exacerbated, pain, acupuncture and pain, stress and anxiety, anxiety aggravated.
Headache (pain in head) (latest reports from 1,171,372 patients) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Mar, 5, 2014: 13,605 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril. Among them, 1,293 people (9.50%) have Headache.
Time on Flexeril when people have Headache * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Headache when taking Flexeril * :
Age of people who have Headache when taking Flexeril * :
Severity of Headache when taking Flexeril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Headache ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (290 people, 22.43%)
- Depression (102 people, 7.89%)
- Osteoporosis (100 people, 7.73%)
- Hypertension (83 people, 6.42%)
- Muscle spasms (71 people, 5.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (316 people, 24.44%)
- Oxycontin (288 people, 22.27%)
- Vicodin (270 people, 20.88%)
- Ambien (262 people, 20.26%)
- Xanax (240 people, 18.56%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Flexeril, Headache
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride) is often used for muscle spasms. Find out below the conditions Flexeril is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Flexeril used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Flexeril side effects from A to Z:
Browse Flexeril drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 year ago):
i was on clonazepam for a few years and switched to diazepam. I also was on effexor xr for several years and tapered off three months ago. I went up to 150mg bupropion for 2 weeks and went back down to 75 mg which relieved neck and headache. This was inconjunction with starting flexeril. Depression is relieved but weight gain is scary to me as i am a bulemic. I am considering increasing the wellbutrin now to 75mg to make sure depression does not return.
Sorry this is so confusing, I exercise daily. the weight gain has me worried allot cause it just wont stop. 8 lbs in less than 6 weeks. Thank you!
JCTwins on Oct, 27, 2012:
I am 39 have been using Wellbutrin and generic forms
On and off for 9 years. I you may wish to look into Wellbutrin XL it is extended release and it comes in 150 and 300 mg
Some generics do not work for some people on ex released because the fillers are different. I pay a bit more. Even
Dr Oz lists in his book that des prescribe this for weight Lisa at times. It did curb my emotional eating but now I think I've been in it too long. It does help with mild depression though.
From this study (2 years ago):
My Doctor's don't feel it a real problem due to medication. I'm afraid I'm getting worse not better.
From this study (2 years ago):
SO far the nuvigil makes my brain and body feel awake for the first time in a long time. No jitters or shakes or feelings of extreme energy. By 7 or 8, I am sleepy but can stay awake. The only adverse side effect is headaches, which get better when I remind myself to eat, and loss of appetite. Still waiting to see which if any adverse reactions occur with the yaz and Nuvigil, since Nuvigil reduces the effect of hormonal BC.
emily on Oct, 1, 2011:
Just a warning, the "adverse effects" you would see on Yaz and Nuvigil would be pregnancy. Just a heads up if that's not in your plan right now, as my doctor told me when I was on hormonal BC and Nuvigil to either always use condoms or get an IUD, since it renders hormonal BC pretty much ineffective. I opted for the Paragard IUD.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Is it safe to take methadone(52mg daily), metoprolol extended release(75mg daily) & xanax(1mg twice daily)
I'm just wanting to know if its safe to take all 3. I've been on methadone for 7yrs and about a yr ago i started tapering and started at 130mg, but am now at 52mg. I've been on the Metoprolol(extended release) for about a yr now taking 50mg in AM, and 25mg in PM. I just started taking the Xanax abo ...
- Can a person use trazodone and dexamethasone?
I have only been on this for one day started like a moron at 8pm and ive been on it once before on a high dose but this is like 1mg bid for 7 days and i had a recent discovery im allergic to oxycontin as i would randomly pass out or be awake for days tripping, havent ever been on it before. Only rea ...
- Are there any reports of extreme dry mouth?
Since having an aortic valve replacement via TAVR (newer technique)I have had various medications added to my schedule. For the last several months I seem to have a very dry mouth problem. I have given you a few that I am taking at the present time that I thought might have some effect on my dryne ...
More questions for: Flexeril, Headache
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Savella & synthroid hell!
Within 15 minutes of taking Savella, the heat starts in my face and the sweating begins unrelentlessly. And the palpitations begin right away and later will be strong enough to wake me from sleep. Its horrible! I cant go anywhere! I cant tolerate any additional heat anywhere! And if I go out, I m ...
More reviews for: Flexeril, Headache
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Diazepam, Vivelle-dot, Fentanyl-25, Percocet, N-6 Essential Fatty Acids, Magnesium, Chromium Picolinate, Multivitamin, Progesterone, Calcium, Magnesium for a patient with Hypothyroidism, Muscle Spasms, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Hot Flashes, Pain, Pain Management, Wellbeing, Muscle Spasticity, Low Blood Sugar, Menapause, Osteopenia. The patient has Abnormal Weight Gain, Bronchitis, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Synthroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Lyrica, Alprazolam, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a patient with Fibromyalgia, Hypothyroidism, Heart Rate Decreased, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood, Major Depressive Disorder Nos. The patient has Anxiety Aggravated (Stress and anxiety), Dry Mouth, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Body Overheating (Fever), Circulatory Problems In Hands And Feet, Frequent Headaches (Headache)
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Flexeril, Yaz for a patient with Hypersomnia - Idiopathic, Fibromyalgia, Birth Control And Family Planning. The patient has Headache, Loss Of Appetite (Appetite - decreased)
More related studies for: Flexeril, Headache
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.