Review: could Flexeril cause Heartburn - chronic (Gastroesophageal reflux disease)?
Summary: Heartburn - chronic is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain.
We study 14,480 people who have side effects while taking Flexeril from FDA and social media. Among them, 61 have Heartburn - chronic. Find out below who they are, when they have Heartburn - chronic and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flexeril and have Heartburn - chronic >>>
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 16,461 Flexeril users)
Heartburn - chronic
Heartburn - chronic (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol, pain, osteoporosis. (latest reports from 19,300 Heartburn - chronic patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 14,477 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril. Among them, 61 people (0.42%) have Heartburn - Chronic.
Time on Flexeril when people have Heartburn - chronic * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00% |
Gender of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Flexeril * :
|Heartburn - chronic||75.00%||25.00% |
Age of people who have Heartburn - chronic when taking Flexeril * :
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||1.56%||39.06%||32.81%||26.56% |
Severity of Heartburn - chronic when taking Flexeril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heartburn - chronic||0.00%||75.00%||25.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heartburn - chronic ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (17 people, 27.87%)
- Muscle spasms (17 people, 27.87%)
- Multiple myeloma (14 people, 22.95%)
- Bone lesion (14 people, 22.95%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (13 people, 21.31%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (37 people, 60.66%)
- Prilosec (26 people, 42.62%)
- Prevacid (22 people, 36.07%)
- Neurontin (21 people, 34.43%)
- Celebrex (19 people, 31.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Heartburn - Chronic while taking Flexeril?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flexeril and have Heartburn - Chronic
- support group for people who take Flexeril
- support group for people who have Heartburn - Chronic
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Levonorgestrel And Ethinyl Estradiol, Citalopram Hydrobromide for a 37-year old woman with Contraception, Depression. The patient has Asthma, Gerd, Cough
- A study of side effects of Levaquin for a 49-year old woman with Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Back Pain, Knee Pain, Skin Burning Sensation, Skin Sensitisation, Sun-induced Skin Changes - Keratosis, Paralysis, Headache - Mixed Tension Migraine, Headache - Migraine With Aura, Tendon Pain, Gerd, Vision Impairment, Coronary Artery Spasm, Neuropathy
- A study of side effects of Xanax for a 21-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Occasional Outbreak Of What Seems Like Insect Bites Underneath My Thigh, Reflux, Dizziness
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Restoril, Magnesium Glycinate, Flexeril, Calcium Carbonate, Calcitriol, Synthroid, Cymbalta for a 55-year old woman with Nausea, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Hypoparathyroidism Secondary, Muscle Spasticity, Hypothyroidism Postoperative, Pain. The patient has Pain Exacerbated
- A study of side effects of Janumet for a 55-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has Heartburn - Chronic
Recent Flexeril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.