Review: could Flexeril cause Myxedema (Hypothyroidism)?
Summary: Myxedema is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Vioxx, and have Pain.
We study 14,477 people who have side effects while taking Flexeril from FDA and social media. Among them, 134 have Myxedema. Find out below who they are, when they have Myxedema and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flexeril and have Myxedema >>>
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 16,460 Flexeril users)
Myxedema (severe hypothyroidism) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, osteopenia, hypothyroidism, depression. (latest reports from 49,672 Myxedema patients)
On Mar, 4, 2015: 14,476 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril. Among them, 134 people (0.93%) have Myxedema.
Time on Flexeril when people have Myxedema * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Myxedema when taking Flexeril * :
Age of people who have Myxedema when taking Flexeril * :
Severity of Myxedema when taking Flexeril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Myxedema ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (26 people, 19.40%)
- Osteoporosis (17 people, 12.69%)
- Muscle spasms (14 people, 10.45%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 8.96%)
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 8.21%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Vioxx (44 people, 32.84%)
- Synthroid (43 people, 32.09%)
- Neurontin (39 people, 29.10%)
- Nexium (30 people, 22.39%)
- Vicodin (27 people, 20.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Myxedema while taking Flexeril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flexeril and have Myxedema
- support group for people who take Flexeril
- support group for people who have Myxedema
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Provera for a 20-year old woman with Amenorrhoea. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- A study of side effects of NyQuil for a 46-year old woman with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development)
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron Hydrochloride And Dextrose In Plastic Container, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Probiotic, Dexilant for a 40-year old woman with Nausea, Tension Headache, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Hypothyroidism, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Gerd. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- A study of drug interactions between Senna, Levothyroxine Sodium, Paxil Cr, Oxycodone, Omeprazole for a 44-year old woman with Constipation, Hypothyroidism, Anxiety Disorder, Degenerative Joint Disease, Gerd. The patient has Hypothyroidism, Swollen Eye Or Conjunctiva, Swollen Eyelid, Swollen Lymph Nodes, Gerd
- A study of side effects of Sulfasalazine for a 41-year old woman with Inflammatory Bowel Disease - Ulcerative Colitis. The patient has Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development), Anemia - Hemolytic (anaemia due to haemolysis, the abnormal breakdown of red blood cells (rbcs), either in the blood vessels (intravascular haemolysis) or elsewhere in the human body (extra vascular))
Recent Flexeril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.