Review: could Flexeril cause Restless legs syndrome (Restless leg syndrome)?
Summary: Restless legs syndrome is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Neurontin, and have Pain.
We study 14,477 people who have side effects while taking Flexeril from FDA and social media. Among them, 101 have Restless legs syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Restless legs syndrome and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flexeril and have Restless legs syndrome >>>
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 16,458 Flexeril users)
Restless legs syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 17,498 Restless legs syndrome patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 14,476 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril. Among them, 101 people (0.70%) have Restless Legs Syndrome.
Time on Flexeril when people have Restless legs syndrome * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Restless legs syndrome||14.29%||14.29%||0.00%||42.86%||14.29%||14.29%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Flexeril * :
|Restless legs syndrome||89.22%||10.78% |
Age of people who have Restless legs syndrome when taking Flexeril * :
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.37%||3.37%||13.48%||46.07%||33.71% |
Severity of Restless legs syndrome when taking Flexeril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Restless legs syndrome||14.29%||57.14%||28.57%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Restless legs syndrome ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Restless legs syndrome||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (37 people, 36.63%)
- Muscle spasms (32 people, 31.68%)
- Restless legs syndrome (24 people, 23.76%)
- Depression (24 people, 23.76%)
- Upper respiratory tract infection (20 people, 19.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (44 people, 43.56%)
- Prilosec (32 people, 31.68%)
- Ativan (31 people, 30.69%)
- Coumadin (28 people, 27.72%)
- Celebrex (27 people, 26.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flexeril and restless legs syndrome on
Do you have Restless Legs Syndrome while taking Flexeril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flexeril and have Restless Legs Syndrome
- support group for people who take Flexeril
- support group for people who have Restless Legs Syndrome
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Methylprednisolone for a 21-year old woman with Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron Hydrochloride And Dextrose In Plastic Container, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Probiotic, Dexilant for a 40-year old woman with Nausea, Tension Headache, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Hypothyroidism, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Gerd. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Seroquel for a 52-year old woman with Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Walking
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Coenzyme Q10, Selenium, Aspirin, Flexeril, Dilaudid, Xalatan, Zolpidem, Cymbalta, Clonidine for a 58-year old woman with Vitamin D Abnormal, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Muscle Tightness, Pain - Back, Intraocular Pressure Test Abnormal, Insomnia, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of side effects of Metformin Hydrochloride for a 55-year old woman with Diabetic Foot. The patient has Restless Legs Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs)
Recent Flexeril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.