Review: could Flexeril cause Weight loss?
Summary: Weight loss is found among people who take Flexeril, especially for people who are female, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Depression.
We study 14,477 people who have side effects while taking Flexeril from FDA and social media. Among them, 156 have Weight loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Weight loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flexeril and have Weight loss >>>
Flexeril has active ingredients of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride. It is often used in muscle spasms. (latest outcomes from 16,458 Flexeril users)
Weight loss has been reported by people with depression, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,305 Weight loss patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 14,476 people reported to have side effects when taking Flexeril. Among them, 156 people (1.08%) have Weight Loss.
Time on Flexeril when people have Weight loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Weight loss||66.67%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Weight loss when taking Flexeril * :
|Weight loss||62.35%||37.65% |
Age of people who have Weight loss when taking Flexeril * :
|Weight loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.70%||2.10%||14.69%||30.77%||26.57%||25.17% |
Severity of Weight loss when taking Flexeril ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Weight loss||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Weight loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (26 people, 16.67%)
- Pain (22 people, 14.10%)
- Bipolar disorder (19 people, 12.18%)
- Insomnia (17 people, 10.90%)
- Hypertension (15 people, 9.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (52 people, 33.33%)
- Lasix (45 people, 28.85%)
- Seroquel (43 people, 27.56%)
- Percocet (42 people, 26.92%)
- Nexium (34 people, 21.79%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flexeril and weight loss on
Do you have Weight Loss while taking Flexeril?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flexeril and have Weight Loss
- support group for people who take Flexeril
- support group for people who have Weight Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Losartan Potassium, Pravastatin Sodium, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman with Pain, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol, Depression. The patient has Obesity, Thirst - Excessive
- A study of drug interactions between Prempro, Topamax for a 36-year old woman with Hormone Level Abnormal, Migraine. The patient has Weight Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Ondansetron Hydrochloride And Dextrose In Plastic Container, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Multivitamin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Probiotic, Dexilant for a 40-year old woman with Nausea, Tension Headache, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Hypothyroidism, Bowel Movement Irregularity, Gerd. The patient has Yeast Infection - Vagina
- A study of side effects of Zoloft for a 45-year old woman with Panic Disorder. The patient has Lose Weight, Loss Of Appetite (lack of feeling to eat)
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Coenzyme Q10, Selenium, Aspirin, Flexeril, Dilaudid, Xalatan, Zolpidem, Cymbalta, Clonidine for a 58-year old woman with Vitamin D Abnormal, Multi-vitamin Maintenance, Muscle Tightness, Pain - Back, Intraocular Pressure Test Abnormal, Insomnia, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
Recent Flexeril related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.