Review: could Flomax cause Autoimmune thrombocytopenia?
Summary: Autoimmune thrombocytopenia is reported only by a few people who take Flomax.
We study 20,438 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia. Find out below who they are, when they have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flomax and have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 21,453 users)
Autoimmune thrombocytopenia (isolated low platelet count (thrombocytopenia) with normal bone marrow and the absence of other causes of thrombocytopenia) has been reported by people with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, hepatitis c, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, antifungal.(latest reports from Autoimmune thrombocytopenia 898 patients)
On Dec, 14, 2014: 20,438 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 4 people (0.02%) have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia.
Time on Flomax when people have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Autoimmune thrombocytopenia||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Autoimmune thrombocytopenia when taking Flomax * :
|Autoimmune thrombocytopenia||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Severity of Autoimmune thrombocytopenia when taking Flomax ** :
How people recovered from Autoimmune thrombocytopenia ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (2 people, 50.00%)
- Muscle spasms (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 75.00%)
- Accupril (2 people, 50.00%)
- Toprol-xl (2 people, 50.00%)
- Nexium (2 people, 50.00%)
- Novolog (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Burning sensation aft urinate in morning
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Frequent Or Urgent Urination, and takes Flomax)
taking flomax last one year suddenly getting burning sensation in my penus aft i go to P and remaing burning for 5 to 10 minutes did all the urine test and all are are negative so i dont know what is cause.my urology did even cystoscopy and he id not find anything my P S A is 2.45 normal. my dr. say ...
- I am experiencing difficulty in breathing and shortness of breath. i have been taking zyrtec . omeprazole and flomax for the past 5 years. has anyone experience this with any of these medication ?
(Asked by a 55 year old man who has Shortness Of Breath, and takes Flomax, Omeprazole, Zyrtec)
I have had catscan of long and checked my heart and every test you can imagine , and doctors can't find the reason.I have had the shortness of breath for about 4 month now .
- Flomax does not help with frequent night time urination maybe not bph but nocturnal?
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Frequent Nighttime Urination, and takes Flomax, Saw Palmetto)
Tried many and costly prostate related products to no avail. Dr says prostate only marginally enlarged but hard. Could not urinate at all after taking postoperative codein based pain meds. Wonder if nocturnal is a separate and differently medicated condition
More questions for: Flomax, Autoimmune thrombocytopenia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
(Posted by a 69 year old man who has Persistent Chills., and takes Desloratadine, Celexa, Codeine, Fiorinal W/codeine, Cialis, Proscar, Flomax, Wellbutrin)
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
More reviews for: Flomax, Autoimmune thrombocytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Flomax, Symbicort for a patient with Enlarged Prostate, Copd. The patient has Shortness Of Breath
Comments: PSA has slowly risen since on the Symbicort.
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with Urgent Urination. The patient has Toothache (tooth pain)
Comments: 2 teeth sensetive to heat and cold 1 tooth very sensetive all the time.
- A study of side effects of Flomax for a patient with BPH. The patient has Morning-after Pill, Morning-after Pill
Comments: Took FIRST pill. Got up (carefully because of warnings) to pee and 4:00AM. Sitting on toilet pondering that it takes 2 weeks to feel effects. No memory of trying to stand up. Total syncope, came to crumpled in bathtub with concussion and 3 inch gas in back of head. 6 weeks later could not walk becau ...
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Testosterone, Flomax, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Flexeril, Dilaudid for a patient with Constipation, Testosterone, Uraemic Neuropathy, Depression, Muscle Tightness, Pain - Back. The patient has Panic Attacks
Comments: Are any of the above drugs im taking capable of causing panic attacks with me?
- A study of drug interactions between Atacand, Prozac, Prilosec, Flomax for a patient with Hypertension, Pain, Hiatal Hernia, Overactive Bladder. The patient has Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness
Comments: Since taking Flomax, exercising has become difficult. I want to see if this will go away.
More related studies for: Flomax, Autoimmune thrombocytopenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.