Review: could Flomax cause Depression?
Summary: Depression is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 20,438 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 546 have Depression. Find out below who they are, when they have Depression and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flomax and have Depression >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 21,453 users)
Depression has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, osteoporosis, acne.(latest reports from Depression 254,062 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 20,436 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 575 people (2.81%) have Depression.
Time on Flomax when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Age of people who have Depression when taking Flomax * :
Severity of Depression when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (72 people, 12.52%)
- Multiple myeloma (67 people, 11.65%)
- Depression (50 people, 8.70%)
- Hypertension (50 people, 8.70%)
- Metastases to bone (46 people, 8.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (186 people, 32.35%)
- Zometa (146 people, 25.39%)
- Oxycontin (143 people, 24.87%)
- Ambien (122 people, 21.22%)
- Lipitor (110 people, 19.13%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Depression while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Depression
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Depression
Recent conversations of related support groups:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can nuvigil (vs adderall) be used simultaneously to help wean off 60mg/day of adderall?
(Asked by a 34 year old woman who has Muscle Tightness, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Ptsd, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Anxiety Disorder, Depression, Bulimia, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, ADHD, and takes Nuvigil, Prozac, Flexeril, Topamax, Xanax, Adderall 30)
I have been on Adderall 30mg 2x daily for years!! I've had it lowered to 20mg, I've TRIED to go months without it (when not working) however I feel I've built up a tolerance level to the point that it's not as effective as it once was. My personal life has detoured WAY past anything an ADHD medicati ...
- Feeding tube complications flomax
(Asked by a 85 year old man who has Feeding Tube Patient, and takes Flomax)
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication with tube feeding?
- I have had two surgerys to remove cancer in my bladder and am on warfarin for my afib. my bladder cannot seem to heal. i have blood in my urine and intermitent burning at the end of my penis. will the (2 answers)
(Asked by a 68 year old man who has Afib, Bladder Cancer Stage I, With Cancer In Situ, and takes Cialis, Indomethacin, Digoxin, Carvedilol, Flomax, Lisinopril, Warfarin Sodium)
I have had two surgeries in the last 14 months to remove cancer from my bladder. Diagnosed with afib 16 months ago. Bladder is not healing due to the blood thinners, but I must keep my INR above 2.0. Every time I take the warfarin, I have more blood in my urine.
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Has anyone been helped by taking lexapro and wellbutrin?
(Asked by a 22 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Wellbutrin, Lexapro)
I am the mom of a 22 year old who is trying to get through college and can't seem to find the right meds for depression. She is taking Lexapro and I am wondering if adding Wellbutrin will help.
More questions for: Flomax, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melixacam and depression
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Meloxicam)
For herniated disc I was prescribed meloxicam . I experienced nausea, dizziness, and overwhelming depression. By the evening it had worn off and it did nothing for my pain and perhaps even increased my aching pain. Several months later I tried it again and had the same reaction. I was not taking any ...
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Involuntary Eye Movements, Bipolar Ii Disorder, Depression, PTSD, and takes Amitriptyline Hydrochloride)
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few days after I started taking amitriptyline. It's not faint either, it's like my eye is having a seizure, emabrassing. Just wanted to share.
- Psoriasis and flomax
(Posted by a 75 year old man who has BPH, Psoriasis, Sore Mouth, Cheeks, Gums And Lips, and takes Flomax)
I have been on Flomax for 4 years now and have been having a sore ulcerated mouth for about 3 years off and on. About six months ago I developed psoriasis on my scalp and have been using different medications described by my doctor.
Then three months ago I got a patch on my leg. I started looking ...
- Faslodex driven hell
(Posted by a 60 year old woman who has Depression, Stamina, Breathing Difficulty, Muscle Pain, Bone And Joint Pain, Cough, and takes Faslodex)
I have metastatic breast cancer...which has spread to my bones. Needless to say...I'm not a happy camper. Faslodex was my oncologist’s drug of choice for me. I've been on it since July 28, 2014....My first month was loading dosage...and each month that has followed I receive two injections in m ...
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
(Posted by a 82 year old man who has Weight Loss, and takes Flomax)
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
More reviews for: Flomax, Depression
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar Disorder, Adhd. The patient has Headache - Tension, Stomach Pain, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lamotrigine, Vyvanse for a patient with Bipolar 2, Adhd. The patient has Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Irritability, Sexual Dysfunction
Comments: It used to be so easy to get an erection. It would take a touch or quick rub to get hard...really hard .. After taking vyvanse and lamotrigine for about a week. I've gotten my first erectile dysfuntion. It took so long to get hard and i would barely even get hard. It was like a hard soft. I really d ...
- A study of side effects of Lorazepam for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Rebound Effect (take-back effect), Dopey Drowsy, Bad Dreams (unpleasant dreams), Aggression Aggravated, Drug Dependence, Sudden Forgetfulness, Increased Appetite (increased appetite is when you want to eat much more often or in larger quantities than your body requires), Depression
Comments: I have been on lorazepam for about almost 8 months. I used it since march because of me losing sleep and having panic attacks in middle or during my sleep. I also used it for anxiety. I was once in er for having panic attacks and they gave me this and other medicines I was on was lexapro and that di ...
- A study of side effects of Plan B for a patient with Unwanted Pregnancy. The patient has Suicidal Thoughts, Emotional Distress, Depression
Comments: I've taken Plan B twice in my life. Once in 2012, and once more recently in June 2014. I had many outside stressors poverty, family, lack of support, i.e. prior to taking Plan B. After I took it I felt depressed, unable to relate/communicate to my partner and family and I had severe emotional respon ...
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Melatonin, Singulair, Ritalin, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Namenda Xr, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Headaches, Insomnia, Chronic Insomnia, Allergy, Add, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Memory Impairment, Cyclothymic Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Frequent Headaches, Postnasal Drip
Comments: Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
More related studies for: Flomax, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.