Flomax and Depression - from FDA reports
Depression is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Zometa, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Depression with Flomax. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,572 people who have side effects when taking Flomax from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 21, 2017
30,572 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax.
Among them, 801 people (2.62%) have Depression
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Flomax when people have Depression *:
- < 1 month: 15.38 %
- 1 - 6 months: 11.54 %
- 6 - 12 months: 15.38 %
- 1 - 2 years: 23.08 %
- 2 - 5 years: 15.38 %
- 5 - 10 years: 15.38 %
- 10+ years: 3.85 %
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Flomax *:
- female: 8.85 %
- male: 91.15 %
Age of people who have Depression when taking Flomax *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.16 %
- 10-19: 0.16 %
- 20-29: 0.81 %
- 30-39: 5.86 %
- 40-49: 15.8 %
- 50-59: 20.36 %
- 60+: 56.84 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (92 people, 11.49%)
- Pain (88 people, 10.99%)
- High Blood Pressure (67 people, 8.36%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (55 people, 6.87%)
- Metastases To Bone (52 people, 6.49%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Zometa (159 people, 19.85%)
- Oxycontin (153 people, 19.10%)
- Aspirin (140 people, 17.48%)
- Ambien (139 people, 17.35%)
- Lipitor (129 people, 16.10%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Stress And Anxiety (386 people, 48.19%)
- Pain (304 people, 37.95%)
- Fatigue (283 people, 35.33%)
- Weakness (262 people, 32.71%)
- Chest Pain (194 people, 24.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Depression when taking Flomax?
- Check symptoms - is depression caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDepression and drugs with ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDepression and Flomax from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from Flomax 32,389 users)
Depression has been reported by people with depression, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking, pain, osteoporosis (latest reports from 392,565 Depression patients).
Browse all side effects of Flomaxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DepressionDepression
Could your condition cause DepressionDepression
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Even my endocrinologist does not know why I am depressed on Victoria. This is some no joke depression and so bummed because this drug is amazing at keeping my sugars in total control. Has anyone found out medically why it causes depression?
Hello, my son is 6.5 years and on this growth hormone after a brain tumour and following cancer treatment. He's been taking the drug for a year now and he's become really badly behaved and is displaying signs of depression. Hoping for some help and advice please. Thanks
I'm depressed and have had thoughts of suicide. I feel alone and desperate for help. I've become a recluse and have a social phobia. I live in Florida, I'm female, married with a 14 YO daughter. I just hate life now.