Home > Flomax > Hair loss > Flomax and Hair loss
Review: could Flomax cause Hair loss?
We study 20,433 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 102 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Flomax and have Hair loss >>>
Flomax (latest outcomes from 21,448 users) has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,238 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Oct, 25, 2014: 20,433 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 102 people (0.50%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Flomax when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||40.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Flomax * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||17.65%||12.94%||69.41% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Flomax ** :
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (12 people, 11.76%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 11.76%)
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 10.78%)
- Depression (11 people, 10.78%)
- Prostate cancer (10 people, 9.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (28 people, 27.45%)
- Levaquin (26 people, 25.49%)
- Protonix (20 people, 19.61%)
- Zometa (19 people, 18.63%)
- Oxycodone hcl (19 people, 18.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Flomax?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (6 months ago):
Patient using tamulosin for 8 weeks & reports body hair loss. Patient has a urethral diverticulitum and is awaiting corrective surgery.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Flomax, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Weight loss associated with flomax within the last 10 years.
I have been taking flomax for approx. 10 yrs.I was then & still is very active
I exercise for one HR.every morning (5 days a week)walk for 2 miles every day,
ride my bike occasionlly,I am now 82 yrs.old.My problem is "weight loss".
I'm 5'9" tall,I weighed 175 lbs.when I first started to take Flom ...
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- Chills associated with ibuprophen
I generally respond well to medication. I am a senior who has chronic pain from a c1-c2 fusion. Codeine works well, and I don't use a lot. Still, I sought alternatives to opiates for nerve pain. I lice in a colder climate. It took me quite a while to associate susceptibility to becoming chilled w ...
More reviews for: Flomax, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Flomax (tamsulosin hydrochloride) is often used for enlarged prostate. Find out below the conditions Flomax is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Flomax used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zantac, Miralax for a 1-year old girl who has Reflux - Infants, Constipation (1 hour ago)
- Myrbetriq, Estrace, Levothyroxine Sodium, Omeprazole for a 67-year old woman who has Oab, Thinning Vaginal Walls, Hypothroidism, Barrett's Esophagus (2 hours ago)
- Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Prazosin Hydrochloride for a 46-year old woman who has Depression, PTSD (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Thorazine and Drug Screen False Positive
- Suicide Attempt
- Spironolactone and Junel Fe 1/20
- Bell'S Palsy and Zoloft
- Multiple Sclerosis and Alopecia Universalis
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (5 hours ago)
- Indocin Sr
- Lung Cancer Non Small Cell
- Anhydrous Benedict's Reagent Poisoning
- Heart Rate Increased