Review: could Flomax cause Hair loss?
Summary: Hair loss is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Enlarged prostate.
We study 20,462 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 102 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flomax and have Hair loss >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 21,477 Flomax users)
Hair loss has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression. (latest reports from 42,734 Hair loss patients)
On Mar, 26, 2015: 20,458 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 102 people (0.50%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Flomax when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||40.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Flomax * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||17.65%||12.94%||69.41% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Flomax ** :
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (12 people, 11.76%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 11.76%)
- Metastases to bone (11 people, 10.78%)
- Depression (11 people, 10.78%)
- Prostate cancer (10 people, 9.80%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (28 people, 27.45%)
- Levaquin (26 people, 25.49%)
- Protonix (20 people, 19.61%)
- Zometa (19 people, 18.63%)
- Oxycodone hcl (19 people, 18.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flomax and hair loss on
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Flomax and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Omeprazole, Altace, Crestor, Flomax, Levoxyl for a 82-year old man with Blood Clots, Acid Reflux, High Blood Pressure, Birth Control, Urinary Ca+2, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Angina - Stable, Mouth Ulceration, Anaemia
- A study of side effects of Amlodipine Besylate for a 66-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of side effects of Diazepam for a 32-year old woman with Stress And Anxiety. The patient has Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum, Biotin, Lexapro, Vitamin D, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Losartan for a 65-year old woman with Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Hair Growth Abnormal, Anxiety Disorder, Vitamin D Decreased, Blood Pressure Increased. The patient has Hair Loss, Night Sweats
Recent Flomax related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.