Review: could Flomax cause High blood pressure?
Summary: High blood pressure is found among people who take Flomax, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 20,458 people who have side effects while taking Flomax from FDA and social media. Among them, 712 have High blood pressure. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood pressure and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Flomax and have High blood pressure >>>
Flomax has active ingredients of tamsulosin hydrochloride. It is often used in enlarged prostate. (latest outcomes from 21,474 Flomax users)
High blood pressure
High blood pressure has been reported by people with osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain, rheumatoid arthritis. (latest reports from 329,841 High blood pressure patients)
On Mar, 14, 2015: 20,454 people reported to have side effects when taking Flomax. Among them, 712 people (3.48%) have High Blood Pressure.
Time on Flomax when people have High blood pressure * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood pressure||48.72%||2.56%||2.56%||20.51%||12.82%||7.69%||5.13% |
Age of people who have High blood pressure when taking Flomax * :
|High blood pressure||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.97%||7.73%||16.43%||74.88% |
Severity of High blood pressure when taking Flomax ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood pressure||16.67%||83.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood pressure ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood pressure||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (89 people, 12.50%)
- Multiple myeloma (67 people, 9.41%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (56 people, 7.87%)
- Pain (55 people, 7.72%)
- Cardiac disorder (26 people, 3.65%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (246 people, 34.55%)
- Coumadin (140 people, 19.66%)
- Lipitor (135 people, 18.96%)
- Lasix (132 people, 18.54%)
- Zometa (128 people, 17.98%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of flomax and high blood pressure on
Do you have High Blood Pressure while taking Flomax?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Flomax and have High Blood Pressure
- support group for people who take Flomax
- support group for people who have High Blood Pressure
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mydriacyl for a 38-year old woman with Eye Exam - Standard. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Qsymia, Fetzima for a 46-year old man with Weight Loss, Depression. The patient has Tremor, Confusion, Dialated Pupils, Diaphoresis, Palpation, Insomnia, Hypertension
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Doxylamine Succinate, Zoloft for a 49-year old woman with Nerve Pain, Insomnia, Depression. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Nexium, Exforge Hct for a 49-year old man with GERD, Hbp. The patient has Gerd, Hbp
Recent Flomax related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Cardura, Flomax for a 73-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Flomax, Pioglitazone Hydrochloride And Metformin Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes And Kidney Stone
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Hytrin, Uroxatral, Cardura, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 59-year old man who has BPH
- Comparions of Uroxatral, Flomax, Rapaflo for a 64-year old man who has Prostatic Obstruction
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.